Ralph Fiennes talks The Avengers on Hollywood ShootOut

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I agree. She just murdered Emma Peel... :lol:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
TheDeeMan
Thingumajig

Post by TheDeeMan »

I'm guessing she's talking about the outright hatred some Avengers fans have for the movie and, in some cases, for those involved with it too. It does border on irrational sometimes.

Dee
It's like The Avengers, mixed with Sherlock Holmes, and a dash of James Bond for Flavor.
http://www.webcomicsnation.com/moniquem ... series.php
Khell
Thingumajig

Post by Khell »

Yeah, well, true. But so does my dislike of William Shatner. ;)

I don't hate Uma Thurman or Ralph Fiennes. I just hate what they made of John Steed and Emma Peel. I don't hate the Avengers movie, either. (Well, not anymore ...) I simply don't care for it and think they could have done much better with different actors and a better script. (Incidentally, I think the same of the third of the new Star Wars movies ...) Or maybe, not cut down the movie to only 87 minutes. I do remember reading the complete script once (found it on the web) and as far as I can remember, I didn't dislike it quite as much as I disliked the movie ...
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I'm not sure Uma Thuman is aware of the (general) dislike of The Avengers Movie from fans. I think she's referring to critics.

It was open season on the movie at the time and she was nominated for that year's Razzie for worst actress. Thankfully (for her) the Spice Girls had a film out that year and walked away with the award...