Fan Made DVD Covers

Your mission is to post, highlight and discuss Avengers fan fiction, art and other creative endeavours!
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

How does one get the actual image to appear in the forum, not the link, please?
"Brown hyphen Fitcth. Is the Fitcth spelt with a small F or a big one?"
"A big F."
"It suits you."
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

Mike's Gambit wrote:How does one get the actual image to appear in the forum, not the link, please?
Click the button marked "Img", paste your URL then click "Img" again.

The sharing options in Photobucket includes one for pasting directly into forums - i.e. it includes the IMG tags.
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

Ahh! Thank you, NickP! Didn't click 'Img' again. That's why nothing showed.
"A big F."
"It suits you."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Mike's Gambit wrote:Image

Thanks Mike for this list of TV shows. :P
I would be curious to learn about participation Patrick in the news program After Five, as 6 February was his birthday.
I suspect it was an interesting TV bit.
Please, can you tell briefly about it and to post the scans here. :roll:
Denis
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

Thanks denisrigg... I still have the original VHS tape with the items still on. When I can get round to it, I'll try and burn them individually onto disc (At the moment, the only DVD I have has them all on but with no edits between different programmes). Then get some scans to upload.
Make take a while, but I'll get there!!!
"A big F."
"It suits you."
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

denisrigg... I have some screencaps of the AFTER 5 programme with Patrick, broadcast on 06 Feb 95.
In the process of transferring all the items on the VHS to DVD in the hope of uploading at some point so all those interested can view. But in the meantime...

"A big F."
"It suits you."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Brilliant! :D Many Thanks, Mike! :P

Patrick's participation in this news program is not mentioned anywhere on the Internet, but I feel that it was exciting interview. Always happy to see Patrick in such a cheerful state as on some pics.
At first I thought that Patrick was used on After 5 in a video report, but not.
Could you tell us briefly about the topic of conversation? :wink:
Denis
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

Sure can...
The item begins with a clip from The Eagle's Nest (at the time being repeated on Bravo channel) - Steed talks to Gambit through his bowler!
Then host Dylan (as I don't have the opening or closing of the programme, I don't know his full name) starts by wishing Patrick a happy 73rd birthday. Patrick jokes about his hair colour being different as he watched the Eagle's Nest excerpt!
He continues to praise Lumiere on their restoration of the episodes then newly-released on video and about working with the various Avenger girls. He says he had picked up Joanna Lumley at 8:20 that morning to set off 'for work' and had recently presented Dame Diana Rigg with an achievement award at the Dominion Theatre.
Onto fitting in with the Californian lifestyle, being from the UK. Patrick talks about being a TV star in Canada back in 1952, working with the likes of William Shatner, Christopher Plummer and Lorne Greene. He did 8 years in Toronto then 5 years in New York.
Next topic is The Avengers and the problems of going out 'live'! And asked about any romantic involvements with the Avenger ladies!!
There is mention of his then-current project working with Hulk Hogan in Thunder In Paradise. The chat ends there but is asked to comment in the lead into the next item... How to get rid of stains from trousers. Patrick adds a couple of humorous comments.

I then cut to the next item of Gareth Hunt and Patrick Macnee in the GMTV studio (with Joanna Lumley by way of videotape footage at a New Avengers event - for Bravo?) the following day (07 Feb 1995, which was Gareth's birthday!)...

Running time is approx. 5-10 mins
"A big F."
"It suits you."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Mike's Gambit wrote:Sure can...
The item begins with a clip from The Eagle's Nest (at the time being repeated on Bravo channel) - Steed talks to Gambit through his bowler!
Then host Dylan (as I don't have the opening or closing of the programme, I don't know his full name) starts by wishing Patrick a happy 73rd birthday. Patrick jokes about his hair colour being different as he watched the Eagle's Nest excerpt!
He continues to praise Lumiere on their restoration of the episodes then newly-released on video and about working with the various Avenger girls. He says he had picked up Joanna Lumley at 8:20 that morning to set off 'for work' and had recently presented Dame Diana Rigg with an achievement award at the Dominion Theatre.
Onto fitting in with the Californian lifestyle, being from the UK. Patrick talks about being a TV star in Canada back in 1952, working with the likes of William Shatner, Christopher Plummer and Lorne Greene. He did 8 years in Toronto then 5 years in New York.
Next topic is The Avengers and the problems of going out 'live'! And asked about any romantic involvements with the Avenger ladies!!
There is mention of his then-current project working with Hulk Hogan in Thunder In Paradise. The chat ends there but is asked to comment in the lead into the next item... How to get rid of stains from trousers. Patrick adds a couple of humorous comments.

I then cut to the next item of Gareth Hunt and Patrick Macnee in the GMTV studio (with Joanna Lumley by way of videotape footage at a New Avengers event - for Bravo?) the following day (07 Feb 1995, which was Gareth's birthday!)...

Running time is approx. 5-10 mins
Many thanks, Mike, for the summary of episode with Patrick Macnee on After 5. Curiously enough.

So after this episode recorded part of news programm with Gareth Hunt and Patrick Macnee in the GMTV studio on 7 February 1995! It seems for me is also a rare material. :roll:

You have collected some rare TV recordings with the stars of the series, Mike, which many fans have not heard, I'm sure.
Well, since 2007 I have been working on the site IMDb and update an information for the some performers of the series. So it's a special surprise for me, your video collection posted here.

I would be glad if would you posted here a complete list of your TV material with Avengers stars, at all, to be able to appreciate it fully. :wink: Maybe you have something that fans would want to discuss.
:)
Denis
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

I'm delighted to have been of some help to other collectors/fans!

I always tried to get the live interviews from these daytime chat shows as these are the programmes less likely to be repeated. Many may never get broadcast again!

Still in the process of transferring from VHS to DVD. Once I'm happy with the transfer, I'll try uploading on YouTube or Facebook. Not uploaded before on YouTube, so not sure how easy it is!

Actually, I think all my Avengers material may be on this single VHS. There are some items that weren't in the list that appeared earlier in this thread. It doesn't help that those items aren't dated either (but can be given a rough estimate by what precedes and follows them).

The only footage, I think, that wasn't on the aforementioned list is:
Good Morning with Anne & Nick - Gareth Hunt in the studio sitting in on a fashion item as models parade in various outfits! (I missed his interview sadly).

If anyone can help with exact dates, I'd be much obliged. Thanks.
Last edited by Mike's Gambit on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A big F."
"It suits you."