Joanna Lumley

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

My aunt went to the National Gallery recently to see a Monet exhibition and whilst queuing up there was a woman in front of her and my aunt said to her, "Don't I know you..." lol.

It was Joanna and they had a nice long chat. She said she was ever so friendly.

Just thought I'd share.:)
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Joanna Lumley reads Ian Fleming's On Her Majesty's Secret Service in 10 installments
BBC Radio 4 Extra... Monday 9th May 2016
2.45-3.00pm/2.45-3.00am

Radio Times...
Joanna Lumley reads Michael Bakewell's adaptation of Ian Fleming's 1963 James Bond thriller. From 1989.

Total TV Guide...
To mark Joanna Lumley's 70th birthday, 1st May 1946, BBC Radio 4 Extra presents this 10 part adaptation. Episode one finds Bond in France spying on a beautiful Contessa.

I haven't heard this adaptation before - very much looking forward to Joanna's wonderful narration.
Happy Birthday Joanna.
James/Mrs Emma Peel
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Today, Movie Me Before You is released in the theatres of UK, North America and some other countries. :)
Joanna Lumley in cameo as Mary Rawlinson.

If someone has already seen it, I will be glad to hear your opinion (especially about the role of Joanna). :)
Denis
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

Joanna Lumley modelling for Patricia Bridgewater at the 1969 "Euro Fashion show for young designers". (Helsinki, Finland, March 15, 1969)

http://home.scarlet.be/~pvandew1/avenge ... uoti69.htm
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I've just watched an early film starring Joanna from 1971 called Games that lovers play . She was top billed. Her ex hubby Jeremy Lloyd was also featured. I have to say that it was one of the worst films I have ever seen. It was virtually plotless. Shocking script. :shock: Not even Joanna could save this one. Has anyone ever seen this film? What did you think :?:
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Darren wrote:My aunt went to the National Gallery recently to see a Monet exhibition and whilst queuing up there was a woman in front of her and my aunt said to her, "Don't I know you..." lol.

I love this, what a great story.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Darren wrote:My aunt went to the National Gallery recently to see a Monet exhibition and whilst queuing up there was a woman in front of her and my aunt said to her, "Don't I know you..." lol.

What great presence of mind to have a long chat with her! Whenever I met Patrick Macnee I pretty much left my body and could hardly speak. :D

Joanna Lumley seems like a totally wonderful woman.
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Joanna Lumley's India

I always find Joanna's series of travels on ITV hugely entertaining. She holds my interest in this type of programme like nobody else on Earth can, and last nights first instalment of Joanna Lumley's India was no exception. She's totally captivating, and I admire how she throws herself into every situation she's faced with. Riding a motor bike on some dodgy road in the mountains last night while saying, don't worry I was trained in the Avengers brought a grin to my face. Her expression, as the guy measuring her up for a tailored shirt kept interrupting her while she was talking to the camera about her waist size as a model was priceless. The only negative point for me is that she can be far, far too 'gushing' in some of the more emotional situations. Once an actress, always an actress, as the saying goes.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Part 1 now available to watch:
https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/joanna-lu ... -adventure
thanks for the link...fun to watch
hatpeg
Little Wonder

Post by hatpeg »

Joanna is doing a one woman 30 date UK tour of theatres called "It's All About Me" starting on 6th October 2018.

Well worth a look.