Joanna Lumley

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

cyberrich wrote:Joanna's 30 date tour is now over, so I can tell you my favourite story without spoiler alerts! She told two behind the scene stories relating to TNA, and the best one involved her stunt at the end of Dirtier by the dozen, where she she was lifted out of the minefield by a helicopter. The stuntwoman was standing by, but they asked Joanna to do the stunt as it would look so much better on film. She asked if it was safe and they said it was as long as she didn't pull the ladder as it would pull the helicopter down on top of her. She asked how far they would travel with her suspended in air, and they said not far. They circled around for over a mile with Joanna hanging around, before lowering her to the ground safely. The director congratulated her and then said he was glad she agreed to do the stunt, as the stuntwoman had refused to do it :!: Great story and for fashion aficionados did Joanna wear those boots also in comedy The Plank 1979 ?

shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

cyberrich wrote:Joanna's 30 date tour is now over, so I can tell you my favourite story without spoiler alerts! She told two behind the scene stories relating to TNA, and the best one involved her stunt at the end of Dirtier by the dozen, where she she was lifted out of the minefield by a helicopter. The stuntwoman was standing by, but they asked Joanna to do the stunt as it would look so much better on film. She asked if it was safe and they said it was as long as she didn't pull the ladder as it would pull the helicopter down on top of her. She asked how far they would travel with her suspended in air, and they said not far. They circled around for over a mile with Joanna hanging around, before lowering her to the ground safely. The director congratulated her and then said he was glad she agreed to do the stunt, as the stuntwoman had refused to do it :!: Great story and for fashion aficionados did Joanna wear those boots also in comedy The Plank 1979 ?

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Cor!
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

How lucky The New Avengers is to have Joanna Lumley.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Biggest laugh on Graham Norton show when Jennifer Saunders mistaken for Joanna Lumley!
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

I've always loved that stunt story.

I'm watching and enjoying Joanna in Sapphire and Steel at the moment.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Rhonda wrote:How lucky The New Avengers is to have Joanna Lumley.
Yes indeed. Joanna really made the show as far as I'm concerned.
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Her new series starts on ITV in the UK tonight where she drives one of the Goldfinger DB5 continuation models and next week visits Eilean Donan Castle where talks about the filming of The Eagles Nest there in 1976.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/sites/d ... s_pack.pdf
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

mariocki wrote:Her new series starts on ITV in the UK tonight where she drives one of the Goldfinger DB5 continuation models and next week visits Eilean Donan Castle where talks about the filming of The Eagles Nest there in 1976.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/sites/d ... s_pack.pdf
thanks for the link and update...always hoping she gets to do a series here in the States..
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

darren wrote:I've always loved that stunt story.

I'm watching and enjoying Joanna in Sapphire and Steel at the moment.
I see it's on Forces TV, couple of episodes at lunchtime.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"