The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
George
Thingumajig

Post by George »

mousemeat wrote:
JohnSteedFr wrote:Strange, I didn't receive that mail... :o

Great news about the DVD, i'll buy it !!! :D
yes, count me in for a purchase of the disc...
Me as well please.:)
"Mrs Peel, we're needed"
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

jaz wrote:Sadly we've lost a few people, Martin Woodhouse (RIP), Don Leaver (poor health), Jonathan Alwyn (poor health) and Jon Rollason (poor health) but we can announce we have lined up Terrance Dicks (scriptwriter) and Paul Lewis (Assistant Musical Advisor - videotape episodes) as replacements.

Don Leaver has agreed to a filmed interview which will be screened over the weekend.
Sad news. I wish those with ill health all the best. Jon Rollason as Dr Martin King is a big favourite, at least with me!
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
jaz wrote:Sadly we've lost a few people, Martin Woodhouse (RIP), Don Leaver (poor health), Jonathan Alwyn (poor health) and Jon Rollason (poor health) but we can announce we have lined up Terrance Dicks (scriptwriter) and Paul Lewis (Assistant Musical Advisor - videotape episodes) as replacements.

Don Leaver has agreed to a filmed interview which will be screened over the weekend.
Sad news. I wish those with ill health all the best. Jon Rollason as Dr Martin King is a big favourite, at least with me!
Very sad. :( I loved Dr. King, and the wonderful thing about people like him and Julie Stevens is that they tend to have new stories to tell, simply because they haven't been interviewed over and over, and haven't come up with a standard Avengers story they repeat in every interview. I hope his health improves (and that of the rest, obviously).
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

You're so right, Timeless. :)
I guess you heard Julie's commentary on the Optimum dvds. Well, I didn't know she was a big fan of the show. She was lucky enough to get a part in it.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

My Ticket arrived today, look forward to meeting some people off of this forum. Still need to book some accommodation, where is everyone staying?
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

At the Woolpack Inn, just a few miles away (20 or 30 min from the campus, by walk). :wink:
I used booking.com, a great website where you can find good prices!

Gosh, you've received your ticket, you're from England ? Coz I didn't. I hope they sent it to me too, though i always fear not to see it in my mailbox. :lol:
I don't remember if I gave them my full address or not, however I had 'tweeted' them after.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

bunny wrote:My Ticket arrived today, look forward to meeting some people off of this forum. Still need to book some accommodation, where is everyone staying?
I'm staying at the uni- there's no cheaper accommodation in town!
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

Ok thanks for the suggestions will take a look tonight and hopefully book something.
Does anyone know if there are going to be anymore guest announcements or if Diana Rigg will be attending?
Cheers
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

Anyone else having problems getting the accommodation page on the website to load or is it just me?
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

bunny wrote:Ok thanks for the suggestions will take a look tonight and hopefully book something.
Does anyone know if there are going to be anymore guest announcements or if Diana Rigg will be attending?
Cheers
Well, Terrance Dicks and Jonathan Alwyn were announced only this week, but I very much doubt anyone else will be announced so late in proceedings.

Diana Rigg is appearing in Pygmalion at the Garrick Theatre until September, so again, I very much doubt she will be available for the convention. Do see the play if you get the chance though- she is exquisite as Mrs Higgins. "Ugh- Men!"