Any big fans of Tara King?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

I like Tara. She had quite a charm to her and JMO, but her fight scenes looked more realistic than Emma's
Moe, Larry and Curly's fight scenes look more realistic than Emma's! ;-) I think that is one of the most "dated" aspects of the Avengers episodes. I may have already reported that when we watched "Death At Bargain Prices" at the big Egyptian Theatre "The Avengers" Celebration in Los Angeles, a decade ago, when Emma was hunched over snapping her fingers in her fight scene all 200 attendees laughed out loud. I'm not meaning to upset those who enjoy watching Emma fight, but the flips and having large men roll unconscious to the floor are pretty humorous at times. I agree that Tara and Cathy had more realistic fight scenes.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

I'm sure Brian Clemens has made the point that the Emma Peel era violence was more slapstick in a sense. There are some good fights and it's all part of the fun of the era that they aren't serious.

I do love the Tara King fights though, many of my favourites are in her episodes.