What's your latest Avengers purchase?

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

cyberrich wrote:My latest purchase which I bought off ebay this week is the last calendar to date, from 2018. Quite artistically done! I've got them all since 1998 except 2, so the hunt is on for the 2015 and 2016 ones!
Coincidentally I just found my copy of that calendar this morning. One for the completists but to be honest it wasn't a very good production.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

The Corridor People is odd - it's that style of Sixties melodramatic drama, like The Wringer and The Prisoner where everything is shot in one scene on one set and the actors are. very. intense.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
blackwarrior
Nutshell

Post by blackwarrior »

yesterday i bought on Amazon the auotbiography of Patrick mc Nee.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 3,200_.jpg
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

blackwarrior wrote:yesterday i bought on Amazon the auotbiography of Patrick mc Nee.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com ... 3,200_.jpg
I picked up at local hobby shop...from early 90's...Avengers trading cards...featuring mostly Emma...and Tara...got it for literally nothing..
$5.00 (USD) and tax..........score !
blackwarrior
Nutshell

Post by blackwarrior »

must have luck..^^
not sure i could find this book in a flea market or a shop.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Avengers-Tunne ... B079LDBNYZ

Nice extras including a booklet by experts including Neil Hendry, and interviews from the early 60s with Ian Hendry and Patrick Macnee. My Christmas present to myself.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

dissolute wrote:The Corridor People is odd - it's that style of Sixties melodramatic drama, like The Wringer and The Prisoner where everything is shot in one scene on one set and the actors are. very. intense.
So nothing like The Prisoner then!
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Frankymole wrote:
dissolute wrote:The Corridor People is odd - it's that style of Sixties melodramatic drama, like The Wringer and The Prisoner where everything is shot in one scene on one set and the actors are. very. intense.
So nothing like The Prisoner then!
haha, true, I meant intense like The Prisoner.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I picked up today a package with the French DVD and Blu Ray for Season 6 (2015).

Image Image

I still don't have 5th and 6th seasons of British Blu Rays, should finally start saving up for these (to investigate the quality of the content and update the Steedumbrella for).
Denis
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

blackwarrior wrote:must have luck..^^
not sure i could find this book in a flea market or a shop.

well, you never know what can turn up....I recently came across a copy in hard cover (no less!) Thrift store paintings by Ann Arbor artist Jim Shaw..came out in 1990..it's a collection of some of the weirdest folk art ever, so bad, they are fantastic...Shaw was formerly a founding member of the punk band DESTROY ALL MONSTERS, which had three 45's on the Cherry Red label (UK) and went on to have a art career world wide....For years, I wanted that book..prices were extremely high...in some cases, CLOSE to $ 200.00 USD......and then in paperback....at a yard sale in Nashville, I found a near mint copy in an stack of books..thought I was gonna wet my pants...so excited...I snatched it up so quickly, it was not funny..and the cost ?? $2.00 two dollars.....

I'm still pinching myself.....so the bottom, line is....you never know what's out there...and could turn up......