Subversive Champagne

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Dear Rodney, I’ve just bought your book on… Amazon.France (it’s unavailable on .UK). It is my 26th book on the series. I have been away of the Avengers world (and also from this forum) for long months. Busy with work and the making of two episode guides for my website (Kojak and The Streets of San Francisco). Your book has already been reviewed on our website by somebody else and I will write an adding.
http://theavengers.fr/index.php/chapeau ... guides#a14
I’m definitely looking forward to the TNA book next year.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

hi, it is available again now. New Avengers and Tara books out now as well. I look forward to your views. I could do with a French translator as well. Si tu veux faire une traduction pour moi, tu peut m'envoyer un message prive!
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

I have read the review on your wonderful website, Denis. It was always my intention to write a book for each filmed season. Now I would like to return to the Peel era and write one covering each episode, as I did with the Tara era. I would like to translate the books into French but my French is not good enough.
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

TNA and Tara already available ? :shock: Where ? Especially for the book on TNA, I have never been a great fan of season 6. On the contrary, I'm interested on any writing on the Peel era, especially the monochrome episodes.
Je vous ai répondu en message privé.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

denis wrote:TNA and Tara already available ? :shock: Where ? Especially for the book on TNA, I have never been a great fan of season 6. On the contrary, I'm interested on any writing on the Peel era, especially the monochrome episodes.
Je vous ai répondu en message privé.
I think it's out on Amazon Denis.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Yes, Thanks a lot. Yesterday, there was no trace. I've just found them Adventure & Comic Strip: Exploring Tara King's The Avengers . Wonderful cover by the way.
And Making It New?: A reappraisal of The New Avengers; I have just bought the New Avengers book.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denis wrote:Yes, Thanks a lot. Yesterday, there was no trace. I've just found them Adventure & Comic Strip: Exploring Tara King's The Avengers . Wonderful cover by the way.
And Making It New?: A reappraisal of The New Avengers; I have just bought the New Avengers book.

interesting...
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

The review of this book by Bernard Ginez on the theavengers.fr website made the suggestion that a chapter on a Gale era episode, outlining how this era laid the foundations for the Peel seasons, would be welcomed. I agree. The book now contains one. If anyone who bought the book would like this chapter e-mailed please ask. The other request was for chapters on less successful Peel episodes to show how they don't offer 'subversive champagne'. Hopefully, by producing the collective book Bright Horizons, this will satisfy readers wanting more writing about the monochrome world of Mrs. Peel. I might add my offerings to SC at a later point.
Last edited by Rodders on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Denis sent me a series of questions which I have answered in my bad written French. When he has corrected my responses I'll post them here.
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

Rodders wrote:Denis sent me a series of questions which I have answered in my bad written French. When he has corrected my responses I'll post them here.
No, your written French is quite good !