Tara King's Season 6: a creative idea

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

I thought about Stay Tuned briefly...

Actually I'd like to add a third, My Wildest Dream - Philip Levene's departure from the show and Robert Fuest's directorial debut.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Noted, Darren.
It would be great to get some people onboard who weren't involved in the first book such as Marcus Hearn. I asked Henry Holland but he wasn't confident about his writing skills which is a shame as I loved his commentary of Mandrake.
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

I'll do Take over. Rodney.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Ah. I think I can see more phallic instruments emanating from Circe!
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:Ah. I think I can see more phallic instruments emanating from Circe!
I just hope I did not hit anyone over the head with these instruments. 8) Oh and when you mentioned Steed without a gun so true but he is more potent than anyone with that brollie! I though about Who was that man I saw you with but I see Timeless will no doubt do a brilliant job with that one. The villain in that one--well he was just girly! I was envious of his nails and tailor as well.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:Ah. I think I can see more phallic instruments emanating from Circe!
sorry to ask the same question but you and your dad watched Takeover and thought it was a makeover of what Emma Peel episode?
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

we did watch it together but it didn't remind us of a Peel episode. My father thought it was deadly slow, more like a stage play and lacking Avengerish light humour and charm. I still like it though!
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Rodders wrote:we did watch it together but it didn't remind us of a Peel episode. My father thought it was deadly slow, more like a stage play and lacking Avengerish light humour and charm. I still like it though!
thanks. I thought it reminded him of something else. The more i look at them the more I miss your dad's complexities in these Tara episodes.
Speed Six
Little Wonder

Post by Speed Six »

Rodders wrote:My father thought it was deadly slow, more like a stage play and lacking Avengerish light humour and charm...
Would agree with that - always thought it felt more like a precursor to Clemens' Thriller series than an Avengers episode.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Speed Six wrote:
Rodders wrote:My father thought it was deadly slow, more like a stage play and lacking Avengerish light humour and charm...
Would agree with that - always thought it felt more like a precursor to Clemens' Thriller series than an Avengers episode.
very good point