Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots: The Ultimate Avengers Book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Rodders
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Rodders »

Sounds quite-quite-fantastic. An exciting year for Avengers books...fifty years on!
The Avengers: a product of the sixties and a timeless piece of sublime art
paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

I'm really looking forward to reading the story behind the proposed Broadway Avengers play and the 1965 feature film project, as the various unmade Avengers projects have always held a fascination for me. That said, I think the Broadway play was intended to be a musical, so as far as I'm concerned at least it's probably for the best that it wasn't made. I like most Avengers spin offs, but the thought of Steed and Mrs Gale singing is just too much!
Paul
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

paulpdjh wrote:I like most Avengers spin offs, but the thought of Steed and Mrs Gale singing is just too much!
They already have done, sort of, with the "Kinky Boots" and "Let's Keep It Friendly" records.

Though I suspect their real theme tune should be "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better" :)
Last watched: "Concerto"
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

paulpdjh wrote:I'm really looking forward to reading the story behind the proposed Broadway Avengers play and the 1965 feature film project, as the various unmade Avengers projects have always held a fascination for me. That said, I think the Broadway play was intended to be a musical, so as far as I'm concerned at least it's probably for the best that it wasn't made. I like most Avengers spin offs, but the thought of Steed and Mrs Gale singing is just too much!
You are correct Paul, the Broadway Avengers was lined up to be a musical.

Plus, thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread and showing so much interest in Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

paulpdjh wrote:I'm really looking forward to reading the story behind the proposed Broadway Avengers play and the 1965 feature film project, as the various unmade Avengers projects have always held a fascination for me. That said, I think the Broadway play was intended to be a musical, so as far as I'm concerned at least it's probably for the best that it wasn't made. I like most Avengers spin offs, but the thought of Steed and Mrs Gale singing is just too much!
I'm interested in reading about these as well. There were so many mooted Avengers productions that never made it to screen, and it'll be wonderful to see the background of them fleshed out.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
I'm interested in reading about these as well. There were so many mooted Avengers productions that never made it to screen, and it'll be wonderful to see the background of them fleshed out.
Timeless

The book does cover these unmade Avengers items in as much detail as I have been able to discover.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

MikeR wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Timeless

The book does cover these unmade Avengers items in as much detail as I have been able to discover.
That's wonderful, Mike. :D Alan gave me the opportunity to have a look at The Avengers International and The First Avengers Movie last year, and I've been hoping that more would come to light about more aborted projects ever since. I can't wait to see what you've uncovered. 8)

Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

...and it was a pleasure to be able to do so, Timeless.

I'm sure that Mike will have uncovered plenty more. I'm sure this book will be as invaluable as it is successful. 8)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Alan wrote:...and it was a pleasure to be able to do so, Timeless.

I'm sure that Mike will have uncovered plenty more. I'm sure this book will be as invaluable as it is successful. 8)
And it was a pleasure to do the write-ups! I still count it a privilege to be able to read those scripts and see what might have been, and I thank you for it. :) We'll see what goodies Mike has for us now! :D

MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots has now become available to pre-order on both Amazon Uk and Amazon USA.

I know that a number of Avengers enthusiasts have been waiting for this news.