Extras

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

denis rigg wrote:Umm, no sure that actor below on photo from episode The Fear Merchants is Rocky Taylor: :?

Rocky:

Rocky:

Surely that's Paul Weston doing the driving? I think the back of Steed is Rocky, his hair is a bit sandy when the light hits it - and it's straighter than the other stand-ins' hair.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I'll watch the Danger Man and Avengers episodes again to make sure.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Piers, my message from 21 November 2016 (page 3, this topic) is as follows:

Umm, no sure that actor below on photo from episode The Fear Merchants is Rocky Taylor: :?

Rocky had haircut like Patrick Macnee. And think it was not a wig, as he is not rare performed various difficult stunts in series so, since 4 season (well, in adding hardly can imagine that someone would be allowed him to use the some amount of same wigs for difficult stunts - as we knows, wig costs a lot of money). :wink:

Rocky:

Rocky:

It is most likely that when shooting the scene "the pass from back the man in a suit and bowler hat", Rocky by certain reason was not available, and maybe they not had access to the wigs too (it is very possible if this scene was shot in the period when they not had access to film at Elstree studios, so they could not have the person who could provide them with part of the necessary things, for example).
Denis
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

It's still Paul driving and Rocky in the other shots IMHO
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

I do not agree. But at this time I'm will not to prove anything again for last post, everything is written in my previous messages in this thread.

For clarify, while I agree that man in the car may be Paul Weston (right now I saw the scene from The Fear Merchants with driver from the front - yes, he looks close to Paul, who had similar haircut with Patrick at time), it's obviosuly that man in the hospital is not Rocky.

That is, I posted this shot with driver only as example for haircut. I admit, I hastened to write that this is Rocky, I did not hold driver's identification for sure.
But I made the identification of the person in the hospital, who are not Rocky and yes, it's obvious that this is Rocky in the pit.

In general, when I'll get to study color episodes for first time in good quality, I will write about it, Paul or no, for better sure. At the time, I examine the episode Quick-Quick Slow Death.
Denis
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

denis rigg wrote:Oh, I have not seen a photo of Enright, too. :(

But now, a big surprise.

I'm identified who is this person in the photo below.

Joe Farrer (or John Farrer), according official info pages in Mike's book "Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots".
I can't find him mentioned in my copy of Mike's book, can you give me page references?
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

credited as Joe Farrer, page 611 (Who's Who???)
credited as Joe Farrar, page 615 (Return of the Cybernauts)
credited as Joe Farrar, page 618 (Dead Man's Treasure)
credited as John Farrer, page 652 (All Done with Mirrors)
credited as Joe Farrar, page 657 (Super Secret Cypher Snatch)

I watched the episodes, these are one same person. :wink:

Hmm, but man as Joe Farrar is mentioned more often in documents, maybe so correctly. :?

Possibly if check other stuntmen mentioned in the documents in the book of Mike, we will to find someone else. But I decided not to do it on time.

Sadly, Piers, I have finished watching of "Quick-Quick Slow Death", and I was not able to identify the stuntmen. The only thing, stunt double for Patrick does not look like Rocky. :?
Denis
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Piers, as for Victor Harrington as Kidnapped Butler in episode "Whoever Shot Poor George Oblique Stroke XR40?"? :wink:

Denis
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

denis rigg wrote:Piers, as for Victor Harrington as Kidnapped Butler in episode "Whoever Shot Poor George Oblique Stroke XR40?"? :wink:

Yes.... I nearly IDed him the other day when I reillustrated the episode but I'm in two minds, he looks fatter than Victor normally looks but it might be the angle.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

dissolute wrote:
denis rigg wrote:Piers, as for Victor Harrington as Kidnapped Butler in episode "Whoever Shot Poor George Oblique Stroke XR40?"? :wink:

Yes.... I nearly IDed him the other day when I reillustrated the episode but I'm in two minds, he looks fatter than Victor normally looks but it might be the angle.
:? Hmm, you're right. Unfortunately, this is the only picture with the actor, I can analize (as I not have a Blu Rays). Piers, maybe to post it on Britmovie for result? If want, I can to do it. :wink:
Denis