Bloopers & Gaffes !!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Vic Flange
Nutshell

Post by Vic Flange »

How about in The Town Of No Return, when Smallwood (Patrick 'Mother' Newell) was being chased across the sand dunes at night by the fake blacksmith and his bloodhounds....One minute it is Newell with his swaiths of black hair, next it is a blond/grey haired stand in blatantly running towards the camera, looking like a completely different person!

I love it! :lol:
Last Watched:Super Secret Cypher Snatch
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

I believe that was the original actor from the Shepherd version of Town of No Return, Jill Manson was played by a different actress in the original as well, I suppose as they weren't returning to Norfolk to film any location footage for the reshoot they just left it in and hoped no-one would notice!
Vic Flange
Nutshell

Post by Vic Flange »

norw27 wrote:I believe that was the original actor from the Shepherd version of Town of No Return, Jill Manson was played by a different actress in the original as well, I suppose as they weren't returning to Norfolk to film any location footage for the reshoot they just left it in and hoped no-one would notice!
Yes that would figure!!
Last Watched:Super Secret Cypher Snatch
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

More of a Nitpick than a blooper :

Watching Requiem late last night I noticed that during Steed and Miranda's chess game (36mins in) there are three white pieces off the board every time the camera looks towards Steed but only two when looking towards Miranda. I'll offer it to http://theavengers.alexia.us ! (the website seems to be dormant now by the way, as my email was not received).
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

In my father's Death of a Great Dane, the shop assistant keeps dropping the cracker boxes on Steed's head, unable to place them in the overfilled storage shelves. Macnee copes admirably.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Okay, I really have to sit down and watch the Keel/Gale episodes...
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Rodney wrote:In my father's Death of a Great Dane, the shop assistant keeps dropping the cracker boxes on Steed's head, unable to place them in the overfilled storage shelves. Macnee copes admirably.
You mean Mandrake. :)

I love that moment as they cope so well, and they're so playful anyway that it doesn't matter.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Rhonda wrote:More of a Nitpick than a blooper :

Watching Requiem late last night I noticed that during Steed and Miranda's chess game (36mins in) there are three white pieces off the board every time the camera looks towards Steed but only two when looking towards Miranda. I'll offer it to http://theavengers.alexia.us ! (the website seems to be dormant now by the way, as my email was not received).
Haven't done anything in a while. I need to update that again. I had a bunch of submissions that got lost in a computer crash, unfortunately.
lostntime
Nutshell

Post by lostntime »

This might have been posted previously and if it was, apologies for repetition. I suppose it falls into the category of gaffes...in Surfeit Of H2O, when Pat is pounding/kicking on the door to the "storm room", one can see the entire faux brick wall shake with each of Pat's strikes on the door.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Yes, sorry, it was in Mandrake where even the shop counter is in constant danger of collapsing.