Custom Avengers Action figures

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Avengerholic wrote:Ok still lots to do on it but her outfit is at last starting to take shape :) Reproducing her costume with no pattern and this small is no mean feat ! At times today I wish I hadn't started this project :cry:

That is stunning Ian!!! :shock:
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

DiVicenzo wrote:That is stunning Ian!!! :shock:
:oops: Stop it !! Oh go on then say it again :lol: Well not quite stunning at the moment but with a few tweaks here and there it may well be in the end :wink:
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Ok I've scrapped the original test suit shown previously and started from scratch. This time using a more accurately textured fabric, colour and design. Much harder to make, but not so bulky looking, and it's now in proportion. Certainly worth all the extra effort :wink: Once its been taken in and fitted properly it should look ace :D

Last edited by Avengerholic on Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

Sooo . . . did you hand fell the seams on the inside? :wink:

From the experience of hand-making 1:1 scale U.S. Civil War clothing, I know how difficult setting the collar and sleves on that coat would be.
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Actually I did overlock em :) If you're going to make something like this and spend so much time on it, then it's a pointless project unless you really do it as well as possible. Lords the fitting and stitching of the sleeves and collar were a job and a half :shock: That jacket is made up of 12 pieces in all !! And at only 5 inches in length it's a tiny thing to work on :?

Jacket fitted this mornng and skirt made.

DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Avengerholic wrote:Actually I did overlock em :) If you're going to make something like this and spend so much time on it, then it's a pointless project unless you really do it as well as possible. Lords the fitting and stitching of the sleeves and collar were a job and a half :shock: That jacket is made up of 12 pieces in all !! And at only 5 inches in length it's a tiny thing to work on :?

Jacket fitted this mornng and skirt made.

You have a lot of patience Ian - but looking at the figure it has all been worth it! it looks superb! What's that sputnik thing behind her?
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

DiVicenzo wrote:What's that sputnik thing behind her?[/b]
That "thing" is a lamp in my kitchen :lol:

She's finished :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
Last edited by Avengerholic on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Congratulations on it's completion. It looks stunning and those poses with Emma are hilarious.

Well done, I hope you do more - Cathy, Purdey....
frank
Winged Avenger

Post by frank »

Oh that is fun. I think you went to the ehad of the list of coolest collectible. well if you do Cathy that means you have to sew a leather or pleather motrcycle suit :lol:
Avengerholic

Post by Avengerholic »

Emma & Tara, the best of buddies ....