Watching the Movie tonight - am I going to be disappointed?

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

DiVicenzo wrote:The sexiest episode is 'A Touch of Brimstone' - it still mildly shocks me when Cartney is pushing his leather boots onto the girls and she is kind of caressing them and he says 'You're insatiable, aren't you?' - very racy for the 60's as was the Queen of Sin cossy.[/b]
What about in Honey For The Prince where the evil Arkadi is in a steam bath with a naked (girl's) foot massaging him? Can't get much more racy than that!

There's also a Cathy Gale episode which starts with a woman in a shower, leaving little to the imagination...

The Avengers certainly had the odd bit of eroticism, it was after all a very kinky show :)
Last edited by Frankymole on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Purdey and Gambit are easier to accept as being foul-mouthed than Emma, who's almost on another plane of existence. It's not so much what's wrong with the characters saying certain things as their being unable to say them within the confines of the censorship regulations of the time. If the same shows were made today, there would definitely be the odd curse. But they weren't, and that gives them a certain mood and expectations.
As Patrick Macnee said, the Avengers had style. There's nothing stylish about the F-word.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Frankymole wrote:There's also a Cathy Gale episode which starts with a woman in a shower, leaving little to the imagination...
It's a Venus Smith episode. The Decapod. :D
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
DiVicenzo wrote:The sexiest episode is 'A Touch of Brimstone' - it still mildly shocks me when Cartney is pushing his leather boots onto the girls and she is kind of caressing them and he says 'You're insatiable, aren't you?' - very racy for the 60's as was the Queen of Sin cossy.[/b]
What about in Honey For The Prince where the evil Arkadi is in a steam bath with a naked (girl's) foot massaging him? Can't get much more racy than that!

There's also a Cathy Gale episode which starts with a woman in a shower, leaving little to the imagination...

The Avengers certainly had the odd bit of eroticism, it was after all a very kinky show :)
How true...Even Steed had his off beat ways..(LOL)

I remember over hearing this at a cocktail-outdoor grill party,recently..

'She's not a Lesbian, SHE'S BRITISH ! '
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Captain Crusoe wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
Alan wrote: It's an alternate Avengers and has no correlation to the series. It's a reboot.

That's my take on it, anyway. I'd say the same for the radio series, the stage play, the books and the comics.
So is the Emma Peel era a reboot? It doesn't fit established continuity, what with all the remade Cathy Gale scripts...
I think it is. That would also explain why Steed's character underwent such a transformation.
Agreed. There are so many differences it has to be considered a reboot.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Alan wrote:
Frankymole wrote:There's also a Cathy Gale episode which starts with a woman in a shower, leaving little to the imagination...
It's a Venus Smith episode. The Decapod. :D
Cathy Gale era, then :)
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Frankymole wrote:

Oh, yes - that is a revolting scene

Isn't it Cathy in the shower? I'm not really an expert on this era..

Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

DiVicenzo wrote:
Frankymole wrote:

Oh, yes - that is a revolting scene

Isn't it Cathy in the shower? I'm not really an expert on this era..

No, it was a guest star. Panela Conway according to TAF.

The Removal Men starts with Patricia Denys standing behind a pair of saloon doors obviously nude.

You may be thinking of Man with Two Shadows were Cathy comes from the back of her flat wearing only a bra and underwear.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Cathy appears in the shower in The Medicine Men.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Darren wrote:Cathy appears in the shower in The Medicine Men.
She does? I'll have to watch that one again. It's been a while! 8)