Favourite Lines

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

Dan wrote:
Rodders wrote:Mrs Peel's request for a man with "stamina" at the Togetherness Marriage Bureau takes a lot of beating (Murder Market)
What makes that line even funnier is Mr. Lovejoy's reaction to it.
Another great one from The Murder Market:

Emma is describing the perfect match for Steed: "A mixture of Lucretia Borgia and Joan of Arc." Steed: "Sounds like every girl I ever knew."
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dan wrote:
Dan wrote:
Rodders wrote:Mrs Peel's request for a man with "stamina" at the Togetherness Marriage Bureau takes a lot of beating (Murder Market)
What makes that line even funnier is Mr. Lovejoy's reaction to it.
Another great one from The Murder Market:

Emma is describing the perfect match for Steed: "A mixture of Lucretia Borgia and Joan of Arc." Steed: "Sounds like every girl I ever knew."
Lucky man! In my experience, every girl lacks the "Joan of Arc" bit...
Last watched: "Concerto"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:The problem is they work great in the context of the scene, but left on their own they sound meaningless. Steed, on the other hand, has great bits of dialogue because they're more anecdotal - stories about his auntie that liked to drink etc or the pun about "Mrs Peel is in ladies underwear" (probably the greatest one-liner in the history of the show) from Death At Bargain Prices. Mrs Peel, like the other ladies, tends to be 'the feed'.

Although I did find a good line from Mrs Gale about being an expert in tattoos because she took it up at school whilst the other girls were doing needlework.
that was one of the points of the show, the lines were matched with the visuals..