Patrick Macnee in film and other TV Series

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Hello, Ischtar,

I looked and drooled but didn't laugh. Tall, lean, handsome--great shot of Pat. I think that painting is nice and and well done. Since we know Pat's love of women and sex, it seems very natural for him to have that type of photo in his work room. ;-)

After all, I have Pat hanging from the walls of mine! ;-)))

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

Mona wrote:Hello, Ischtar,

I looked and drooled but didn't laugh. Tall, lean, handsome--great shot of Pat. I think that painting is nice and and well done. Since we know Pat's love of women and sex, it seems very natural for him to have that type of photo in his work room. ;-)

Year - I think you're right, especially the tall, lean and very handsome part :D
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

I found a bit longer proposal scene from Jane Eyre, it's about 30 seconds longer than the scene on the PURRR site.

http://vimeo.com/19368606

Last edited by ischtar on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

I was looking for a copy of the Jane Eyre adaption, but instead I have found this:

Patrick Macnee as the (very handsome) ship designer of the Titanic, Mr. Andrews, in

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER from Kraft Theatre Television 28.3.1956

I have to warn you - the quality is very bad.

http://www.tvsdrama.com/tv.cfm

scroll down to Drama> Kraft Television Theatre>A night to remember

Poor Pat, he went down twice with the Titanic
:wink:

Much better quality on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1t7AKLG ... re=related
Mona

Post by Mona »

Hey, Ischtar,

"A Night To Remember" was really good! Thanks for finding this treasure. Not only was Pat supremely gorgeous (especially sitting in the deserted room at the end all depressed), but getting behind the scenes with all that happened with The Titanic was quite fascinating and I really learned a lot about that entirely preventable tragedy. Here you have an amazingly well built ship--supposedly unsinkable--but if enough people are stupid enough, which they were, we see they can wind up even sinking that kind of ship and causing the loss of so many lives.

That was a great hour of entertainment. Again, thanks so much for tracking that down.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
ischtar

Post by ischtar »

Thank you very much, Mona!

I was so happy when I found this episode. Patrick Macnee's performance was very impressive . It's made like a documentary, which I found interesting.
Yesterday I rewatched the film version from "A night to remember" (that one with Honor Blackman), directed by Roy Baker, but I like the first version much more.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Mona wrote:Hello, Ischtar,

After all, I have Pat hanging from the walls of mine! ;-)))

Mona
Pat was a first class skirt chaser...but in a good way....Gotta love that !
Mona

Post by Mona »

Here is "A Night To Remember" in apparently better quality, found by Cariheart, on YouTube. Pat can't look more handsome but the film could be clearer. ;-)

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Cariheart

Post by Cariheart »

Mona wrote:Here is "A Night To Remember" in apparently better quality, found by Cariheart, on YouTube. Pat can't look more handsome but the film could be clearer. ;-)

Mona
Thanks for the mention, Mona but credit is due to Ischtar, who posted the link before me. :)

Patrick does a wonderful job as usual!
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Cariheart

Post by Cariheart »

ischtar wrote:Thank you very much, Mona!

I was so happy when I found this episode. Patrick Macnee's performance was very impressive . It's made like a documentary, which I found interesting.
Yesterday I rewatched the film version from "A night to remember" (that one with Honor Blackman), directed by Roy Baker, but I like the first version much more.
Roy Baker? Didn't he direct Avengers episodes? Cool!
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time