"Diana Rigg won't talk about The Avengers"

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

brynmill wrote:So any tales of her Earls Court appearance regarding The Avengers ?
Someone posted this on Roobarb's

"There was a story of one girl who paid to have a photo and then froze with fear. No amount of cajoling brought her out of her catatonic state - when they looked to her boyfriend for help, he was in the same condition."

:P
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Sinus1994 wrote:
Dfrise wrote:
Hi folks,

Well, I know that this was posted for some time but, I do not really understand the meaning of this special question? Of course I can translate it in my native language, but I also can't understand the meaning of it... Indeed I can see at you reactions, that this was an unfitting question/phrase at this moment, but what makes it so negative/such a cringe-inducing moment?

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994
Sinus 1994,
The way he worded the question is as if he said, "So if you hadn't worked in this silly Avengers show you would have been a real actress, yes?"
Thanks so much for your explanation. Now is everything clear.
Ouuhh, that was very bitter for Diana Rigg. And now I understand why she literally bit her lip and didn't answered directly. :?
But I think, the interviewer didn't mean it like that (bad translation).

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
well, it was an acting job...and Rigg did get PAID! one of the many roles in her long career..
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

mousemeat wrote:
Sinus1994 wrote:
Dfrise wrote: Sinus 1994,
The way he worded the question is as if he said, "So if you hadn't worked in this silly Avengers show you would have been a real actress, yes?"
Thanks so much for your explanation. Now is everything clear.
Ouuhh, that was very bitter for Diana Rigg. And now I understand why she literally bit her lip and didn't answered directly. :?
But I think, the interviewer didn't mean it like that (bad translation).

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
well, it was an acting job...and Rigg did get PAID! one of the many roles in her long career..
Yes, you're right!
It was just one of her roles.

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
squareeyes
White Dwarf

Post by squareeyes »

Not seen this mentioned anywhere else appearing in an evening discussion at the V&A!

http://www.vam.ac.uk/whatson/event/1555 ... rigg-2693/
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

squareeyes wrote:Not seen this mentioned anywhere else appearing in an evening discussion at the V&A!

http://www.vam.ac.uk/whatson/event/1555 ... rigg-2693/
Yeah! Good chance to see Diana Rigg, but I think I can't come. :cry:
To short, to book a flight or other connections to join this event, even though it is on an Friday.
That makes me so sad...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

I'll definitely be there!
Last watched: The Undertakers
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Halfhide wrote:I'll definitely be there!
If can't come, tell me how it was! :D

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Diana Rigg became bored stiff with being asked 'silly' questions about the show: what were the fights like? Did the leather outfit please you? etc. Had interviewers asked her more cerebral questions about the show she might have been happier to chat about it. Too many interviewers treat the show as slapstick rather than a groundbreaking mixture of disturbing drama and light entertainment.
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Rodney wrote:Diana Rigg became bored stiff with being asked 'silly' questions about the show: what were the fights like? Did the leather outfit please you? etc. Had interviewers asked her more cerebral questions about the show she might have been happier to chat about it. Too many interviewers treat the show as slapstick rather than a groundbreaking mixture of disturbing drama and light entertainment.
What kind of "more cerebral questions" do you have in mind?
I think, most of the interviewers have no idea of The Avengers, so they only can ask her general questions...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

I agree. I was thinking more of questions concerning the show's connections with the Cold War, feminism, halucinogenic drugs, technology and whether the show was genuinely revolutionary or not.