Rare Photos

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Frankymole wrote:
denisrigg wrote: Oh, I love this wonderful photo series on the River Thames with Patrick and Linda. They used a lot of the costumes shown earlier in The Avengers. For public, the most famous photos with costumes from episodes You'll Catch Your Death and Noon Doomsday. Linda in hat is most favorite for me out of this. :D

That costume for Steed would've been an interesting departure from his usual ensembles - his "off duty" floral shirts got rather bizarre, but this stylish Nehru-inspired suit was way ahead of its time and would've looked great. Both Linda and Pat look very slim and fit there - they were probably suffering from the "slimming pills" though!
Most likely the studio decided to advertise in the special day everything that was at hand. Fun to see in one photo the costumes for actors from different episodes.

Patrick - Noon Doomsday
Linda - Super Secret Cypher Snatch

Patrick - again, Noon Doomsday
Linda - My Wildest Dream

etc
Denis
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Thanks again denis rigg ...Linda on the bonnet ...she's got amazing legs... :D
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

denisrigg wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I wish she'd worn it during the course of the series. I like her hair, too! :D
Well, I like Linda as a whole. Tara was first, when I started watching the TV series in 1995. I wish I could see these her hair in The Avengers. John Bryce lost some opportunities. :cry: And maybe there was a need a suit with dozen or more pockets? :lol: :wink: In each episode Tara demonstrates secret spy set from one of them. :D

Tara, below, is tired Super Spy, returning home with the some dangerous mission. :o
I do think Linda looks lovelier with longer hair--every time she wore extensions as Tara, I thought she looked great. These shortly post-series shots are fun because they give us a bit of an idea how Tara might have looked had there been a second season for her.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Amazing pics as always Denis. 8)
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

I've always had mixed feelings about the Nehru jacket - on the one hand, I like that they gave Steed different styles throughout this series (somewhat similar to his vacation ensembles in Season 2), rather than just the three piece suits. His floral shirts leave a lot to be desired, as though Emma departed and took his fashion sense with her. But the jacket is nice. Can't say I like his accessory, though...
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

denisrigg wrote:
shaunodan wrote:Thanks dennisrigg :D Love the photos of Linda ! She looks incredibly sexy on the bonnet of the Hillman :!: Would have loved to see Linda and Joanna Lumley posing together ! Often wondered if Joanna studied some of Tara's poses as some Tara and Purdey poses look similar :o Linda looks very classy in a hat...but so does Joanna-shortly post New Avengers :D Linda has incredible legs but her choice of boots doesn't show them off to best effect...a lot of Purdey's boots would have looked incredibly sexy on Linda :oops:
It would be definetely interesting to see Linda and Joanna together. I think that some kind of style for character of actresses could take an element of the roots from Julie Stevens. At least Linda accurately was closer to Julie, as they both look young in the series, have similar traits. Purdey is a mixture of Emma Peel, Tara and character heroines 70s, but except having its own self. I agree that there are similarities Joanna with Linda's poses, but I think it's a certain model school that teaches this. Linda probably learned it at the studio, as she had no experience, but Joanna coped excellently without outside help. Well, we have two actresses from one school to pose, apparently. I doubt that anyone would like to Joanna posed as Linda, since the character of Tara seemed unfortunate for most , including people from the studio. Nevertheless, I do not know for sure. :?
Oh, I know that Linda could look much more wonderful in other suits and boots, but tah we see in series was a kind of fashion of the late 1960s. Sadly but Tara is not fully revealed by the end of the series and I think that if there would be a second season, we could see a new Tara's image.
Producers, I believe, would have thought about it after the ratings of first season. :wink:

A great image of Linda's Ford Mustang, which she acquired before she had passed a UK driving test.
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Those great legs of Linda's ...kept in shape with plenty cycling :D
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Lhbizness wrote:I know that I always associate Tara and bricks.
I always associate Emma and empty bottles ;) - same source (sauce?)...
Last watched: "Concerto"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

denisrigg wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I wish she'd worn it during the course of the series. I like her hair, too! :D
Well, I like Linda as a whole. Tara was first, when I started watching the TV series in 1995. I wish I could see these her hair in The Avengers. John Bryce lost some opportunities. :cry: And maybe there was a need a suit with dozen or more pockets? :lol: :wink: In each episode Tara demonstrates secret spy set from one of them. :D

Tara, below, is tired Super Spy, returning home with the some dangerous mission. :o

tired, indeed...wink wink...
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Tara certainly would have done justice to the Purdey Bob 8) She had killer legs...incredibly fit and shapely ...would love to have seen her step in beside Purdey in a pair of mid-calf boots and shorts 8)