Bloopers & Gaffes !!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Rodney wrote:in the video-taped era there were lots, Macnee was famous on set for pulling doorknobs off and wobbling sets by leaning on them too hard etc.
how funny...remember reading about something like that happening..

plus a lot of ad-libs...
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Can anyone tell me what episode Steed makes a large radio on a table fall over by mistake?
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

I have a feeling thats the Nutshell
Johnny O
Winged Avenger

Post by Johnny O »

Thingamujig seems to contain quite a few jarring errors. But I'm posting this without going back to watch it. So bear with me. I'm just not up for that episode at the moment!

When Tara arrives at Steed's flat, it's confirmed it's morning and the Vicar has had to travel through the night to reach Steed. And yet, when Tara drives from her flat to the church, it takes her just a matter of minutes to get there! Despite being first thing in the morning, Tara goes home and changes into a new outfit. Was she bored with the original so quickly? Having changed, she then wears the same dress for what appears to be several days! Why does Tara do all her cake icing in the living room? Exactly where is her kitchen? (Or for that matter, where is her toilet and bathroom?) Her icing skills are amazingly fast. She can ice a phone number in record speed!

Maybe when I next get around to watching this episode again, I'll spot a few more. The issue of Tara's changes of clothes create enormous continuity goofs. In Bizarre (or as I now prefer it: Next Stop, Paradise!) she again changes costume for no reason early in the story, but then sleeps outside for two nights in the same costume! Clearly she didn't feel the urge to change that time, although I know for sure that I would!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Johnny O wrote:When Tara arrives at Steed's flat, it's confirmed it's morning and the Vicar has had to travel through the night to reach Steed. And yet, when Tara drives from her flat to the church, it takes her just a matter of minutes to get there! Despite being first thing in the morning, Tara goes home and changes into a new outfit. Was she bored with the original so quickly? Having changed, she then wears the same dress for what appears to be several days! Why does Tara do all her cake icing in the living room? Exactly where is her kitchen? (Or for that matter, where is her toilet and bathroom?) Her icing skills are amazingly fast. She can ice a phone number in record speed!
I always wonder where Tara's kitchen is, too (her bathroom, it's been established, is attached to her bedroom somehow, and is through that door off to the left). The costume changing, alas, is something that pops up in numerous episodes. Sometimes it's a pretty gratuitous swap for the sole purpose of letting the Avengers girl model another outfit (which I have no problem with. Hey, I watch for the clothes, too! :wink: ). Alas, sometimes they beat said outfit to death, and you do start to wonder if Emma/Tara/et al. wouldn't like to freshen up at some point. And if there's a shower in the vicinity. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

I think her kitchen must be through the purple door next to her bedroom door, although we hardly ever see it, I think in The Curious Case Of The Countless Clues Steed wheels Tara out of the door with a kettle on her lap, must assume the kitchens pretty pokey if they can't even make a cuppa in there!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

norw27 wrote:I think her kitchen must be through the purple door next to her bedroom door, although we hardly ever see it, I think in The Curious Case Of The Countless Clues Steed wheels Tara out of the door with a kettle on her lap, must assume the kitchens pretty pokey if they can't even make a cuppa in there!
That's the door that leads to her bedroom and bathroom, too! It must be getting crowded back there. :wink:

norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

No there are two doors, there's the ornate white door that is her bedroom door, then to the left besides that god awful fish painting there is a purple door which to be fair I didn't even notice for at least two years after first watching them, either way, must be titchy or her bedroom and kitchen must run into the flat next door!
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Charlie Parker wrote:I have a feeling thats the Nutshell
Thanks, I've just watched it (in Act Two). A good ad-lib as usual!
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

norw27 wrote:No there are two doors, there's the ornate white door that is her bedroom door, then to the left besides that god awful fish painting there is a purple door which to be fair I didn't even notice for at least two years after first watching them, either way, must be titchy or her bedroom and kitchen must run into the flat next door!
I haven't watched a Tara in years, but I've never noticed the second door! :shock: Must watch out for that next time...