The WORST Episodes..

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Johnny O
Winged Avenger

Post by Johnny O »

norw27 wrote:Hooray! Yep Two's A Crowd is one I always skip, as well as Quick Quick Slow Death, so tedious to me!
Two's A Crowd is dreadful. But I really like Quick Quick Slow Death. It has all the quirks that make TA so special for me. Mrs Peel is particularly good in this one. Eunice Gayson turns in a wonderful performance too.
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

Johnny O wrote:
norw27 wrote:Hooray! Yep Two's A Crowd is one I always skip, as well as Quick Quick Slow Death, so tedious to me!
Two's A Crowd is dreadful. But I really like Quick Quick Slow Death. It has all the quirks that make TA so special for me. Mrs Peel is particularly good in this one. Eunice Gayson turns in a wonderful performance too.
This episode is actually a favorite of mine. Very funny characters! I reckon if we had a topic of favorite group of characters in one episode this would be it for me.
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Johnny O wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Why do most people dislike How To Succeed At Murder. That's a favourite of mine?

Although I hate the fact Emma becomes suddenly super-human and throws the women off her "One, two, three .. " And they say Tara King was inconsistant!
I've always really liked this episode. It's so completely bizarre (no pun intended). Macabre and hilarious in equal measures. It has many faults, but it's hard to pick an episode that has none, so I forgive them as I forgive others. It's of course ridiculous that Henry could have fooled all those wimmin so easily and there's no way he could have been such a fantastic ventriloquist, but in spite of that, I like it a lot!
I agree with all of that. It's a very anti-women's lib episode (if women's lib was around then, possibly not). I always smile when Diana pipes up "Ruination To All Men!" so flippantly you almost expect her to roll her eyes at the end. You'd think they'd have picked up on that.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY