Avengers DVD Set 2 (Series 3) from Optimum

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Thanks for the info, Darren. I'll send of for mine soon, now I know they are fault free! 8)

Fenella Feilding is great. She's at her best in Carry On Screaming!

I read on Roobarb's that they couldn't shut Brian Clemens up on his commentaries and one goes over. I'm always very interested to hear what he has to say. :)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I read on Roobarb's that they couldn't shut Brian Clemens up on his commentaries and one goes over. I'm always very interested to hear what he has to say. :)
Yeah, I could sense the moderator tensing up as he wanted to close the session but Brian kept talking beyond the titles. He's full of info and opinions - commentaries tend to work best when people have a lot of opinions. Brians has some great titbits to share.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Darren wrote: Brians has some great titbits to share.
Another man who needs to write his memoirs ...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Darren wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I read on Roobarb's that they couldn't shut Brian Clemens up on his commentaries and one goes over. I'm always very interested to hear what he has to say. :)
Yeah, I could sense the moderator tensing up as he wanted to close the session but Brian kept talking beyond the titles. He's full of info and opinions - commentaries tend to work best when people have a lot of opinions. Brians has some great titbits to share.
They could've turned the rest into an interview for the extras!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

there is a review here : dvdoutsider
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

What a fantastic and unbelievably thorough review of the boxset. Thanks for the link which I too would recommend all Avengers fans to look at.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Yeah, it's a really great review. He's positive about episodes that I would find it difficult to be.
pauljwyatt
Thingumajig

Post by pauljwyatt »

2010 is a good year to be an Avengers fan!

The third season box-set arrived at my door today. I've always found it a chore to sit through my Contender Blackman shows as the rough and ready picture and sound quality kept me at an arms distance from the story. I've just sat through two restored episodes back to back. Totally gripped! Looking forward to the reconstructions but, alas, they will have to wait till tomorrow night ! :D
Designer, writer & Filmmaker

http://www.paulwyatt.co.uk
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Wonderful audio commentary on the boxset for the Mandrake episode. The gentleman interviewing my father - not Jaz - is clearly a massive Avengers fan. Great stuff.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Rodney wrote:Wonderful audio commentary on the boxset for the Mandrake episode. The gentleman interviewing my father - not Jaz - is clearly a massive Avengers fan. Great stuff.
That's my very good friend and production assistant Henry Holland. A true gent and very knowledgeable chap in terms of film and TV. I like handing over the reins to him every 3 or 4 commentaries to get a different take on them and he's very good at it.

I ask the most stupid questions!