The Avengers - Set 1 Replacement discs are ready

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:I don't think it's necessary to send the DVDs for replacement in their cases, as I understand it some plastic sleeves or even stout cardboard should be fine. After all, the DVDs that are faulty are not going to be reused!
isn't there like a proof of purchase tab, located on the box, that one can clip off and send in ????
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

No, that's a USA thing. Never understood it myself. What's to stop someone tearing the proof of purchase tab off display stock in a shop?
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
cybermanz
Thingumajig

Post by cybermanz »

My discs have arrived at Optimum.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Alan wrote:No, that's a USA thing. Never understood it myself. What's to stop someone tearing the proof of purchase tab off display stock in a shop?
Surely you get a receipt, when you purchase something, even in the USA?

Anyway, with the Optimum disks, the fact that you're sending in the faulty disks shows that - you have the disks! I'm sure they'd recognise fakes!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Jasper Groat
Thingumajig

Post by Jasper Groat »

Mine have arrived in under a fortnight. Good show.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Got my replacement discs!!!

Big thank you to Alan and Jaz for pushing along my cause. :D :D :D
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Delighted! What did we do??? ;)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Hooray! My replacement disks 3, 6 and 7 arrived today, only 17 days after sending them off! (So pretty much a 2-week turnaround by Optimum given the intervening Sundays delaying the mail.) They came in slimline CD jewel cases in a jiffy bag and were in pristine condition though the postie had got it soggy in the rain!

I've checked through all three points of the known faults and they've all been fixed!

Superb work.

Now I just have to sit and wait to hear about any season 3 problems before I risk a purchase...
Last edited by Frankymole on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Frankymole wrote:Hooray! My replacement disks 3, 6 and 7 arrived today, only 17 days after sending them off! (So pretty much a 2-week turnaround by Contender given the intervening Sundays delaying the mail.)
And there was me thinking Optimum had the rights to The Avengers these days... ;)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

Alan wrote:
Frankymole wrote:Hooray! My replacement disks 3, 6 and 7 arrived today, only 17 days after sending them off! (So pretty much a 2-week turnaround by Contender given the intervening Sundays delaying the mail.)
And there was me thinking Optimum had the rights to The Avengers these days... ;)
D'oh - slip of the mind! "I'm 83 you know"...

Anyway it's kind of a compliment, since Contender had similarly brilliant customer service (they sent me replacement disks for some problem ones, like the missing tag, and in one case a TNA disk done as a test-pressing from the original glass master).

So well done Optimum, and thank you again to Jaz and Alan for reporting and sorting the issue out with them, and reporting back to us and getting the whole process set up.

I feel happier about S2 than I have ever done, I've even been reading the pdf scripts today!