Good news for 2012 Avengers calendar!

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

jaz wrote:
cyberrich wrote:I hope the 2012 Avengers calendar isn't the very last one to see the light of day. Rich.
I enjoyed designing them too - the best bit was spending most of the year tracking down rare pictures from various archives and vaults
And a brilliant job you did there Jaz! :D I've kept all the old calendars from 1998. I think there's 14 if I remember correctly. Terrific photos, some quite rare. I also loved the miniature photos and bits of info surrounding the dates. 8) I spent a happy hour looking through them all this week. I really hope we see their return one day, but I know it's a copywrite issue. :( Rich.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

cyberrich wrote:
jaz wrote:
cyberrich wrote:I hope the 2012 Avengers calendar isn't the very last one to see the light of day. Rich.
I enjoyed designing them too - the best bit was spending most of the year tracking down rare pictures from various archives and vaults
And a brilliant job you did there Jaz! :D I've kept all the old calendars from 1998. I think there's 14 if I remember correctly. Terrific photos, some quite rare. I also loved the miniature photos and bits of info surrounding the dates. 8) I spent a happy hour looking through them all this week. I really hope we see their return one day, but I know it's a copywrite issue. :( Rich.
Nothing really to do with copyright - more to do with very poor sales and you can't go on producing a product where you barely break even.

I ask the most stupid questions!
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

jaz wrote:
cyberrich wrote:
jaz wrote: Nothing really to do with copyright - more to do with very poor sales and you can't go on producing a product where you barely break even.
Oh dear, that's even worse than I thought. I was thinking it was because Canal had the rights to all images. Poor sales means there's no hope of their returning. :(
Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

cyberrich wrote:
jaz wrote:
cyberrich wrote: Oh dear, that's even worse than I thought. I was thinking it was because Canal had the rights to all images. Poor sales means there's no hope of their returning. :(
Bummer.
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

From the sales figures, most people waiting until the calendars were in the sale, reduced to something like £2.99 before buying it. So sales got gradually worse, retailers stopped stocking titles they were losing money on and the whole calendar market was saturated by hundreds of different titles. I doubt we'll see the calendar again.

I ask the most stupid questions!