Avengers Fanart

Your mission is to post, highlight and discuss Avengers fan fiction, art and other creative endeavours!
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

You know I may have time to go past a Russian store tomorrow. I will take the list you gave me. Heavens knows how you can read that stuff :lol: It all looks Greek to me. Seriously the symbols look cool. Just incomprehensible to this westerner. Is there possible another brand of Russian chocolate that is popular? I ordered it once online but it was stale. I will try the Red Chocolate-maybe it is even better than what I tasted.
And here is a real crisis for you. Apparently it is predicted that the world will run out of chocolate by 2020 with the current rate of consumption. THis truly is depressing. I cannot imagine life without chocolate. :cry: :cry:
This is all making me hungry. Well I can see you are working hard and I think we're all excited to hear the interviews.
That would be terrible as a Russian actor to see all the fakes: sort of like the Maltese Falcon. Worthless piece of junk, at least in the movie. In real life, seriously Denis, it sold for over 4 million dollars last year. This 45 pound heavy prop that was made of metal of some sort-just a prop. Who in their right mind would spend that? The piano for Casablanca is going on sale in a few days. Looks like a cheap piece of junk. No doubt it will go for millions as well. Just give me a piece of chocolate and kvas and I'll be happy. :wink:
You are right I think. Legacy did sort of make fun of film noir. Some of it is kind of silly, but Legacy I agree was a hilarious episode. Probably one of my favorites. But that changes daily. Glad you liked it too.
As far as the fight scenes, have to give Honor Blackman a lot of credit. Like you said-more important than life itself, was finishing the scene. :lol: Thankfully Jackie Pallo lived through it. Well we are all anxiously awaiting the interview. Have fun with it most importantly!
It's funny you said exactly what I thought, I somehow suspected that Russian letters for people from the West will look like Greek. :lol:I must admit I find it very difficult to Greek language and surprise (maybe :wink: ) Hebrew seems more easy language for me :? . Hmm, can you imagine? At first glance, the Greek seems easier, but when I started to study the surface, Hebrew wins. These Symbols are easier to remember than the Greek letters. But do not torment me I will can not write you anything in Hebrew. :P :lol:
Ha, opportunity you ask me why I compared Greek and Hebrew? Well, I was working at the time on the transmission of the series The Avengers in different countries and it so happened that I began to study TV broadcast the show in Israel after the broadcast of the series in Greece. And I found that the Hebrew language is more simple.

As for chocolate, I can also recommend the factory "Spartak", chocolate "Alpen Gold" and Korkunov. But others do not have the old flavor. My rating of this:
1. Red October (old brand that stays true to the quality of chocolate today)
2. Alpen Gold
3. Korkunov
4. Spartak

Hmm, despite the crisis in Russia, I do not think there will be a time when chocolate will a special deficiency, as it love many Russian and it's one of the products which are always great to paid off. So I'm sure there will ways to trade. :wink:

The premiere of the interview will be tomorrow! This will include animation intro with sound. :wink:

Well, as for mentioned things on auction, Anti, I will delve in this topic under the next aspect:
There are different stages of interest of individual fans or collectors for things and more terrible is mania. For example, I as a fan of the series do buy fanzines, magazines, rare items on the topic, but it is intended for use in varying degrees. That is, I will not buy photos The Avengers, which is on the Internet, but with the difference that they have autographs or were printed in 1980s. Or buy some puzzle The Avengers, which I will not collect. Well to buy thing that it just lay, I do not think. Maybe I'm not a true collector Avengers, but I bought like Greek VCD to see what it looks like, I buy music to listen to, I used to buy printed materials to read or I would buy something unique to publish, like the Chinese comics. I do not think that I would be interested in something that I would not use in any way.
So I'm I agree with you in a certain extent that, for example if you buy a piano for very a lot of money, which is already crumbling that to put it in the room, but do not use it, because you for example are pursuing such another purpose - to show it for guests, this is bit as junk for yourself, uh, this is more of a series of vanity than actually collecting as you start to think of reasons to buy some item to be impressive, than to buy it would be interesting for yourself. This is the type of collectors who are not close to me, because these people are passionate about this passion and this feel.
However, if someone bought this piano for the museum, it's good, it will be in the right place and well kept for historical purposes. Because the museum have its tasks.
So here's to some extent all relative.
Well, anyone can come in Steedumbrella (to the apartment) and use anything regarding the Avengers. That's really not just a matter of respect for people, but it makes them appreciate your collection and makes a wish to come again.
All I said is my point of view, and I fully understand the essence of different collectors. :wink:

Legacy of Death for me is always a wonderful episode, he is very funny and witty. As for Honor Blackman, she was the only star of the Avengers, which had a real achievement in contribution to the fight that showed in the series (judo). She even released a book and when I looked through it, I'm was sure she could be a coach in judo for newcomers. :D
Denis
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

denisrigg wrote:
You know I may have time to go past a Russian store tomorrow. I will take the list you gave me. Heavens knows how you can read that stuff :lol: It all looks Greek to me. Seriously the symbols look cool. Just incomprehensible to this westerner. Is there possible another brand of Russian chocolate that is popular? I ordered it once online but it was stale. I will try the Red Chocolate-maybe it is even better than what I tasted.
And here is a real crisis for you. Apparently it is predicted that the world will run out of chocolate by 2020 with the current rate of consumption. THis truly is depressing. I cannot imagine life without chocolate. :cry: :cry:
This is all making me hungry. Well I can see you are working hard and I think we're all excited to hear the interviews.
That would be terrible as a Russian actor to see all the fakes: sort of like the Maltese Falcon. Worthless piece of junk, at least in the movie. In real life, seriously Denis, it sold for over 4 million dollars last year. This 45 pound heavy prop that was made of metal of some sort-just a prop. Who in their right mind would spend that? The piano for Casablanca is going on sale in a few days. Looks like a cheap piece of junk. No doubt it will go for millions as well. Just give me a piece of chocolate and kvas and I'll be happy. :wink:
You are right I think. Legacy did sort of make fun of film noir. Some of it is kind of silly, but Legacy I agree was a hilarious episode. Probably one of my favorites. But that changes daily. Glad you liked it too.
As far as the fight scenes, have to give Honor Blackman a lot of credit. Like you said-more important than life itself, was finishing the scene. :lol: Thankfully Jackie Pallo lived through it. Well we are all anxiously awaiting the interview. Have fun with it most importantly!
It's funny you said exactly what I thought, I somehow suspected that Russian letters for people from the West will look like Greek. :lol:I must admit I find it very difficult to Greek language and surprise (maybe :wink: ) Hebrew seems more easy language for me :? . Hmm, can you imagine? At first glance, the Greek seems easier, but when I started to study the surface, Hebrew wins. These Symbols are easier to remember than the Greek letters. But do not torment me I will can not write you anything in Hebrew. :P :lol:
Ha, opportunity you ask me why I compared Greek and Hebrew? Well, I was working at the time on the transmission of the series The Avengers in different countries and it so happened that I began to study TV broadcast the show in Israel after the broadcast of the series in Greece. And I found that the Hebrew language is more simple.

As for chocolate, I can also recommend the factory "Spartak", chocolate "Alpen Gold" and Korkunov. But others do not have the old flavor. My rating of this:
1. Red October (old brand that stays true to the quality of chocolate today)
2. Alpen Gold
3. Korkunov
4. Spartak

Hmm, despite the crisis in Russia, I do not think there will be a time when chocolate will a special deficiency, as it love many Russian and it's one of the products which are always great to paid off. So I'm sure there will ways to trade. :wink:

The premiere of the interview will be tomorrow! This will include animation intro with sound. :wink:

Well, as for mentioned things on auction, Anti, I will delve in this topic under the next aspect:
There are different stages of interest of individual fans or collectors for things and more terrible is mania. For example, I as a fan of the series do buy fanzines, magazines, rare items on the topic, but it is intended for use in varying degrees. That is, I will not buy photos The Avengers, which is on the Internet, but with the difference that they have autographs or were printed in 1980s. Or buy some puzzle The Avengers, which I will not collect. Well to buy thing that it just lay, I do not think. Maybe I'm not a true collector Avengers, but I bought like Greek VCD to see what it looks like, I buy music to listen to, I used to buy printed materials to read or I would buy something unique to publish, like the Chinese comics. I do not think that I would be interested in something that I would not use in any way.
So I'm I agree with you in a certain extent that, for example if you buy a piano for very a lot of money, which is already crumbling that to put it in the room, but do not use it, because you for example are pursuing such another purpose - to show it for guests, this is bit as junk for yourself, uh, this is more of a series of vanity than actually collecting as you start to think of reasons to buy some item to be impressive, than to buy it would be interesting for yourself. This is the type of collectors who are not close to me, because these people are passionate about this passion and this feel.
However, if someone bought this piano for the museum, it's good, it will be in the right place and well kept for historical purposes. Because the museum have its tasks.
So here's to some extent all relative.
Well, anyone can come in Steedumbrella (to the apartment) and use anything regarding the Avengers. That's really not just a matter of respect for people, but it makes them appreciate your collection and makes a wish to come again.
All I said is my point of view, and I fully understand the essence of different collectors. :wink:

Legacy of Death for me is always a wonderful episode, he is very funny and witty. As for Honor Blackman, she was the only star of the Avengers, which had a real achievement in contribution to the fight that showed in the series (judo). She even released a book and when I looked through it, I'm was sure she could be a coach in judo for newcomers. :D
Hi Denis,
TA I Hebrew? You mean the show is translated or you found it in a comic book? Actually I wonder how many or which languages TA can be seen in? Chinese? Japanese? etc. Is it available in about every main language? Where did you get the Chinese comic book from and how did you find it? that was a great find.

I agree with you that I am not interested in collecting things unless they carry much meaning for me or use. Well Kornokuv was the chocolate I tried with hazelnuts. Incredibly good. Am still kvas-less but that is another story.
Well as long as the world does not run out of chocolate! :lol:
YOur Interview was fantastic. How was it received? I hope it also sells more books for Gabriel it was such a good book he wrote. And the video was hilarious as I said before, just so funny. I bet Honor Blackman could be a judo couch. Somewhere on here there was a fan who was a fellow in his 20's. He saw Honor Blackman and asked if she could throw him in a judo throw. He caught it on camera and it was posted here somewhere-this was several years ago. so an 80 yo woman was doing a judo throw on this 20yo rather tall bloke. Quite funny!! She still has it! This was after one of her talks she gave a few years ago in Britain.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

Hi Denis,
TA I Hebrew? You mean the show is translated or you found it in a comic book? Actually I wonder how many or which languages TA can be seen in? Chinese? Japanese? etc. Is it available in about every main language? Where did you get the Chinese comic book from and how did you find it? that was a great find.

I agree with you that I am not interested in collecting things unless they carry much meaning for me or use. Well Kornokuv was the chocolate I tried with hazelnuts. Incredibly good. Am still kvas-less but that is another story.
YOur Interview was fantastic. How was it received? I hope it also sells more books for Gabriel it was such a good book he wrote. And the video was hilarious as I said before, just so funny. I bet Honor Blackman could be a judo couch. Somewhere on here there was a fan who was a fellow in his 20's. He saw Honor Blackman and asked if she could throw him in a judo throw. He caught it on camera and it was posted here somewhere-this was several years ago. so an 80 yo woman was doing a judo throw on this 20yo rather tall bloke. Quite funny!! She still has it! This was after one of her talks she gave a few years ago in Britain.
Hi Anti

I thought you might be wondering if I could write something in Hebrew :D , because when I was studying Jewish newspapers for the TV series "The Avengers", I really had to learn the alphabet and some words, but now I've forgotten a lot. I also tried to do same thing for the Greek newspapers, but I realized that I was not able to.
I know that programs such as Abby Fine Reader can translate text from printed materials into another language and give you the results that you can save. But these programs do not cope very well with the material and many of the words in some languages like Hebrew, it is necessary to disassemble yourself.

I understand you correctly? :? You mean on how many languages were translated series The Avengers? :? Actually, almost all the languages.
In Japan, the series was dubbed. In China, TNA was dubbed. :wink:

Well, I get the Chinese comic books when I studied the Chinese market. They were there very cheap and I bought all the albums.
It was an amazing discovery in general. In China, these comics were known during the early 1990s, but outside China seems no one ever mentioned them. So there was no reason to think that you could find something like that.
But I'll tell you an interesting thing, at first when I saw the TNA cover of the Chinese album number 7 (it was the first album that I found), I do not understand what it is kind of product. I thought that it's or a sticker or some clipping from a magazine or even homemade. Something like that. But as it was on the Chinese language, there no was doubt it is interesting. I looked at it more closely and was surprised. "It's something very new" - I thought. Well, I doubted that this is comic book could be released for a long time ago, as it seemed for me that it should have been listed on the site about comics The Avengers, but when I learned that it was released in 1990, it became clearly for me that I was should buy it immediately for a thorough examination.

I am glad that you liked the chocolate Korkunov, unforgettable taste. Well, in this case I would also recommend you brand Alpen Gold.
I hope you find a good kvas and tell me your feelings. This is very interesting. :wink:

Interview received good attention here, and flash video especially liked some people. So I decided to keep it on the site Steedumbrella, although originally intended to remove in its home archive.
Now, theis flash video can be viewed at the menu section of interviews if you click on the picture of the book Gabriel Hershman.

http://steedumbrella.ru/interviews.html

Well, Honor Blackman has a tough nut to crack. :D
If one day, Alan, Chris and I will take interview with her, we ask how many there were wishing people, that she taught them some techniques of judo. I think in general the theme of Honor and judo was not very good opening for a long time and it's a great topic for discussion.
Denis
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

denisrigg wrote:
Hi Denis,

Hi Anti

I thought you might be wondering if I could write something in Hebrew :D , because when I was studying Jewish newspapers for the TV series "The Avengers", I really had to learn the alphabet and some words, but now I've forgotten a lot. I also tried to do same thing for the Greek newspapers, but I realized that I was not able to.
I know that programs such as Abby Fine Reader can translate text from printed materials into another language and give you the results that you can save. But these programs do not cope very well with the material and many of the words in some languages like Hebrew, it is necessary to disassemble yourself.

I understand you correctly? :? You mean on how many languages were translated series The Avengers? :? Actually, almost all the languages.
In Japan, the series was dubbed. In China, TNA was dubbed. :wink:

Well, I get the Chinese comic books when I studied the Chinese market. They were there very cheap and I bought all the albums.
It was an amazing discovery in general. In China, these comics were known during the early 1990s, but outside China seems no one ever mentioned them. So there was no reason to think that you could find something like that.
But I'll tell you an interesting thing, at first when I saw the TNA cover of the Chinese album number 7 (it was the first album that I found), I do not understand what it is kind of product. I thought that it's or a sticker or some clipping from a magazine or even homemade. Something like that. But as it was on the Chinese language, there no was doubt it is interesting. I looked at it more closely and was surprised. "It's something very new" - I thought. Well, I doubted that this is comic book could be released for a long time ago, as it seemed for me that it should have been listed on the site about comics The Avengers, but when I learned that it was released in 1990, it became clearly for me that I was should buy it immediately for a thorough examination.

I am glad that you liked the chocolate Korkunov, unforgettable taste. Well, in this case I would also recommend you brand Alpen Gold.
I hope you find a good kvas and tell me your feelings. This is very interesting. :wink:

Interview received good attention here, and flash video especially liked some people. So I decided to keep it on the site Steedumbrella, although originally intended to remove in its home archive.
Now, theis flash video can be viewed at the menu section of interviews if you click on the picture of the book Gabriel Hershman.

http://steedumbrella.ru/interviews.html

Well, Honor Blackman has a tough nut to crack. :D
If one day, Alan, Chris and I will take interview with her, we ask how many there were wishing people, that she taught them some techniques of judo. I think in general the theme of Honor and judo was not very good opening for a long time and it's a great topic for discussion.
I bet this would be an excellent time to interview honor. She seems to be very open and willing to talk to fans from the little I have seen. I would go for it. I bet she appreciates at what is it 89 yo to be so fondly remembered. You know I can't remember where I saw this, but it seems that there was a collector of TA whose entire house was filled with TA :lol: :lol: And she spoke with him. I must have seen that on this site? Cannot recall now. But she seems so very friendly. Also I think actors from TA would be happy to be interviewed. Not sure if you saw all the extra material from the 50th anniversary set (I am sure you have actually) :lol: but Peter Wyngarde could not stop talking to Jaz. I think he may still be talking. And Jennifer Croyton seemed quite flattered to be interviewed and fondly remembered.

OK will try alpine gold if I can find it. Will take my list in Russian on my next excursion to the Russian stores. :lol: It was quite memorable.

Good work on the Chinese comics. Actually quite incredible Denis. Our expression you may know-finding a needle in a haystack-is exactly what you did. Who could find that one gem in the masses of Chinese comics and books. Indeed amazing. As tara would say-you must have been tickled pink (Legacy of Death) kind of ,liked that line.

Anyway I would think that any cast crew stunt people -Cyd Child Ray Austin, might be interested too. I actually contacted Ray Austin. He lives in the US in the state of Virginia. Who would ever think that he would live there? I think he is more interested in speaking engagements.

How would you compare abby fine reader? Is it better than other online translation sites?
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

bet this would be an excellent time to interview honor. She seems to be very open and willing to talk to fans from the little I have seen. I would go for it. I bet she appreciates at what is it 89 yo to be so fondly remembered. You know I can't remember where I saw this, but it seems that there was a collector of TA whose entire house was filled with TA :lol: :lol: And she spoke with him. I must have seen that on this site? Cannot recall now. But she seems so very friendly. Also I think actors from TA would be happy to be interviewed. Not sure if you saw all the extra material from the 50th anniversary set (I am sure you have actually) :lol: but Peter Wyngarde could not stop talking to Jaz. I think he may still be talking. And Jennifer Croyton seemed quite flattered to be interviewed and fondly remembered.

OK will try alpine gold if I can find it. Will take my list in Russian on my next excursion to the Russian stores. :lol: It was quite memorable.

Good work on the Chinese comics. Actually quite incredible Denis. Our expression you may know-finding a needle in a haystack-is exactly what you did. Who could find that one gem in the masses of Chinese comics and books. Indeed amazing. As tara would say-you must have been tickled pink (Legacy of Death) kind of ,liked that line.

Anyway I would think that any cast crew stunt people -Cyd Child Ray Austin, might be interested too. I actually contacted Ray Austin. He lives in the US in the state of Virginia. Who would ever think that he would live there? I think he is more interested in speaking engagements.

How would you compare abby fine reader? Is it better than other online translation sites?
We are considering various options for the interview and all the ones you mentioned here are possible candidates for future releases. :wink:
Now I think it is important in main to ask those questions to the people who will agree for interview, which or were not ask, at all, or very little known. It would also be interesting to provide the questions that have been asked for a long time ago and you have the opportunity to hear a different answer to understand how a person has changed over time. So our goal is to fill any gaps. :wink:

TV show where participated Ian Beazley, great collector of items The Avengers (including unical), called "Collector's Lot". Honor Blackman was interviewer there.

Here is info about it:
http://freespace.virgin.net/thing.umajigs/page6.html

Part of the collection of Ian Beazley:
http://freespace.virgin.net/thing.umajigs/page4.html

You will find there interesting things. :D

I am also sure you will find Alpen Gold in stores, it is still very popular chocolate in Russia. :wink:

By the way, this is true remark as for Chinese comic books, Anti, when I firstly found the only album TNA number 7, I began to look for the others thinking that there are more than a dozen albums TNA there. There has been such a huge number of Chinese comics, that result even exceeded my expectations. I thought that to find all the albums will be like a needle in a haystack, because the first request on the Chinese market that I did, given me the every time result on one album. So I had difficulties to find the third and fifth albums. But then I found a Chinese shop, where they sold several lots of all albums, so I settled on this one. In general, I have found only three Chinese shop where you could buy all the issues.

Anti, what are your impressions about Ray Austin, and briefly what you discussed? That's interesting! :P

I do not worked in Abby Fine Reader for more than half a year, so maybe I'll have to check for updates, but when I was working with this program at the time of transfer of non-English articles The Avengers on Russian or English, from my point of view it was the best program.
It was improved quite rapidly in one period of time, such as version number 7 was still horrible, but the version number 10 makes a huge difference in terms of quality as speed, convenience and choice of language. The latest version in which I worked (number 11) carefully analyzed the text. It does not works as fast as version 10, but it works on a "look before you leap - cut once". You can work in this version with almost any language.
This is also one of useful programms in my work on the site Steedumbrella for section for "World Premieres". Without it I would not have conducted a such detail research in this area. So I see great importance in selecting a program for it and when I spend a comparison, I always come back to Abby Fine Reader. :)
Denis
ischtar
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by ischtar »

OO
Last edited by ischtar on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

ischtar wrote:A Merry Christmas to all of you and happy holidays.

That would have been a great banner! Merry X-Mas!