Rare Photos

The place to post and discuss photos from the series and play Avengers games.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

shaunodan wrote:Tara certainly would have done justice to the Purdey Bob 8) She had killer legs...incredibly fit and shapely ...would love to have seen her step in beside Purdey in a pair of mid-calf boots and shorts 8)
that would have been the double whammy...lol
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

MikeR wrote:
denisrigg wrote:
shaunodan wrote:Thanks dennisrigg :D Love the photos of Linda ! She looks incredibly sexy on the bonnet of the Hillman :!: Would have loved to see Linda and Joanna Lumley posing together ! Often wondered if Joanna studied some of Tara's poses as some Tara and Purdey poses look similar :o Linda looks very classy in a hat...but so does Joanna-shortly post New Avengers :D Linda has incredible legs but her choice of boots doesn't show them off to best effect...a lot of Purdey's boots would have looked incredibly sexy on Linda :oops:
It would be definetely interesting to see Linda and Joanna together. I think that some kind of style for character of actresses could take an element of the roots from Julie Stevens. At least Linda accurately was closer to Julie, as they both look young in the series, have similar traits. Purdey is a mixture of Emma Peel, Tara and character heroines 70s, but except having its own self. I agree that there are similarities Joanna with Linda's poses, but I think it's a certain model school that teaches this. Linda probably learned it at the studio, as she had no experience, but Joanna coped excellently without outside help. Well, we have two actresses from one school to pose, apparently. I doubt that anyone would like to Joanna posed as Linda, since the character of Tara seemed unfortunate for most , including people from the studio. Nevertheless, I do not know for sure. :?
Oh, I know that Linda could look much more wonderful in other suits and boots, but tah we see in series was a kind of fashion of the late 1960s. Sadly but Tara is not fully revealed by the end of the series and I think that if there would be a second season, we could see a new Tara's image.
Producers, I believe, would have thought about it after the ratings of first season. :wink:

A great image of Linda's Ford Mustang, which she acquired before she had passed a UK driving test.

nice Stang...looks like a '66...0r maybe 67/68...depending in the tail lights....wonder if the car was right handed drive as well? Left handed american drives were somewhat rare in the UK..
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

mousemeat wrote:
MikeR wrote:
denisrigg wrote: It would be definetely interesting to see Linda and Joanna together. I think that some kind of style for character of actresses could take an element of the roots from Julie Stevens. At least Linda accurately was closer to Julie, as they both look young in the series, have similar traits. Purdey is a mixture of Emma Peel, Tara and character heroines 70s, but except having its own self. I agree that there are similarities Joanna with Linda's poses, but I think it's a certain model school that teaches this. Linda probably learned it at the studio, as she had no experience, but Joanna coped excellently without outside help. Well, we have two actresses from one school to pose, apparently. I doubt that anyone would like to Joanna posed as Linda, since the character of Tara seemed unfortunate for most , including people from the studio. Nevertheless, I do not know for sure. :?
Oh, I know that Linda could look much more wonderful in other suits and boots, but tah we see in series was a kind of fashion of the late 1960s. Sadly but Tara is not fully revealed by the end of the series and I think that if there would be a second season, we could see a new Tara's image.
Producers, I believe, would have thought about it after the ratings of first season. :wink:

A great image of Linda's Ford Mustang, which she acquired before she had passed a UK driving test.

nice Stang...looks like a '66...0r maybe 67/68...depending in the tail lights....wonder if the car was right handed drive as well? Left handed american drives were somewhat rare in the UK..
granted, there should ahve been a '2nd' season of TARA...along with mother and Steed. and it would have further fleshed her character out...but the show was tied to it's american backers ABC (U.S. ) and THE monies were crucial...which is sad, as the show at the end was seen in many regions ..you would thought that alone in fees collected would help offset the loss of U.S. monies...and/or/ they could have squeezed out one more season, with say, half the production run...

perhaps, the show simply ran it's course....
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote:nice Stang...looks like a '66...0r maybe 67/68...depending in the tail lights....wonder if the car was right handed drive as well? Left handed american drives were somewhat rare in the UK..
Weirdly, the licence plate looks like a 1964 one (ending in "B") though it could be a swapped plate from a garage, like on a demonstrator.

If the French had known the series needed more money they might have chipped in - Tara was incredibly popular there, and Rudolf Roffi expressed surprise a few years later as he thought it was still being made; as a result, The New Avengers was set up.

As Macnee said in '76: "The New Avengers sort of sneaked up on me. Last year, I was in a play at Chichester Festival and on the very last day I had to travel to Elstree Studios, Hertfordshire, to do a Champagne commercial for French television. It was an Avengers-style commercial, mainly featuring Linda Thorson (who's a big name in France) and I was only there as a kind of reminder of The Avengers. They kept on at me to do my lines in French, which I find difficult. Time was getting late, and I had a 100-mile drive to catch the curtain at Chicester. I was just dashing out of the door when a tall Frenchman called Rudolf Roffi asked me if I'd like to do The Avengers again. I rushed past him saying: 'I certainly can't do it in French.' I forgot all about it until six weeks later when Brian Clemens rang me at the Schubert Theatre in Chicago, where I was playing in Absurd Person Singular. He said it was no joke – The Avengers was going to be done again and they wanted me in it. I said send me a script. They never did. I didn't see a script until I came back to Britain. My daughter Jennie was very suspicious at first. She said there must be some kind of catch. But when I did get some scripts I realised that they were better than ever before. And there we were, doing it. Now it's almost as if I've never been away."
Last watched: "Concerto"
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Mustang

Post by Ian Wegg »

Yes it is a "B" reg. (1964). Apparently it's RHD Shelby Mustang. There is more information on rodsnsods.co.uk, including a post from a subsequent owner.

It seems it spent at least some of its life down my way.

~iw
mrs_emma_peel
Winged Avenger

Post by mrs_emma_peel »

Emma, looking magnificent, on her toes, in black tights and very tight black leotard, in a rare colour shot from ...
How To Succeed ... At Murder
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

She certainly does ... 8) Thanks for sharing :!: Purdey springs to mind in her lavender leotard...real style :D
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
mousemeat wrote:nice Stang...looks like a '66...0r maybe 67/68...depending in the tail lights....wonder if the car was right handed drive as well? Left handed american drives were somewhat rare in the UK..
Weirdly, the licence plate looks like a 1964 one (ending in "B") though it could be a swapped plate from a garage, like on a demonstrator.

If the French had known the series needed more money they might have chipped in - Tara was incredibly popular there, and Rudolf Roffi expressed surprise a few years later as he thought it was still being made; as a result, The New Avengers was set up.

As Macnee said in '76: "The New Avengers sort of sneaked up on me. Last year, I was in a play at Chichester Festival and on the very last day I had to travel to Elstree Studios, Hertfordshire, to do a Champagne commercial for French television. It was an Avengers-style commercial, mainly featuring Linda Thorson (who's a big name in France) and I was only there as a kind of reminder of The Avengers. They kept on at me to do my lines in French, which I find difficult. Time was getting late, and I had a 100-mile drive to catch the curtain at Chicester. I was just dashing out of the door when a tall Frenchman called Rudolf Roffi asked me if I'd like to do The Avengers again. I rushed past him saying: 'I certainly can't do it in French.' I forgot all about it until six weeks later when Brian Clemens rang me at the Schubert Theatre in Chicago, where I was playing in Absurd Person Singular. He said it was no joke – The Avengers was going to be done again and they wanted me in it. I said send me a script. They never did. I didn't see a script until I came back to Britain. My daughter Jennie was very suspicious at first. She said there must be some kind of catch. But when I did get some scripts I realised that they were better than ever before. And there we were, doing it. Now it's almost as if I've never been away."

great story as releated by Patrick..over the yrs, I've heard so much different stories on how the commercial came to pass...and the results in getting the show launched..
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

mrs_emma_peel wrote:http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll134/mrs_emma_peel/EmmainblackleotardColourwidescreen_zps9d75fbf8.png
Emma, looking magnificent, on her toes, in black tights and very tight black leotard, in a rare colour shot from ...
Miracle of miracles, Diana Rigg signed it!!
Last watched: "Concerto"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
mrs_emma_peel wrote:http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll134/mrs_emma_peel/EmmainblackleotardColourwidescreen_zps9d75fbf8.png
Miracle of miracles, Diana Rigg signed it!!
wow, what an score...nice of her..to do so....very classy