Bowler Hats and Kinky Boots: The Ultimate Avengers Book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

MikeR wrote:
Anthony McKay wrote:I guess the finding of the location of the "Game'/'"See-Through Man" playground was too late for the book?
Tony

What can I say. One of the all-time Avengers location mysteries solved.

Please don't find anymore locations until I've finished.

I'm currently on my last read-through (so hopefully this can be included).

I've spent 10 hours on it so far today, I did 8 hours yesterday, I managed 9 the day before. My brain hurts!
Ouch! Take it easy Mike. That is a gigantic project you have taken on. You need one of those Avengers champagne fountains about right now.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

anti-clockwise wrote:
MikeR wrote:
Anthony McKay wrote:I guess the finding of the location of the "Game'/'"See-Through Man" playground was too late for the book?
Tony

I've spent 10 hours on it so far today, I did 8 hours yesterday, I managed 9 the day before. My brain hurts!
Ouch! Take it easy Mike. That is a gigantic project you have taken on. You need one of those Avengers champagne fountains about right now.
At 352,000 words it is a monster to start editing through and I think it will take me another couple of days before I finish and I can email it back to Stephen James Walker at Telos Publishing.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

MikeR wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:
MikeR wrote: Tony

At 352,000 words it is a monster to start editing through and I think it will take me another couple of days before I finish and I can email it back to Stephen James Walker at Telos Publishing.
That's a lot of work, Mike. I commend you for your dedication. I'm sure the end result will be brilliant. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
MikeR wrote:
anti-clockwise wrote:Ouch! Take it easy Mike. That is a gigantic project you have taken on. You need one of those Avengers champagne fountains about right now.
That's a lot of work, Mike. I commend you for your dedication. I'm sure the end result will be brilliant. :D
I started writing it in June 2011 after attending The Avengers at 50 event at Chichester University, although I had talked about it for 6 months before that and I've tried to cover everything associated with the series... within reason. I quickly found out that The Avengers is big subject.
Anthony McKay
Little Wonder

Post by Anthony McKay »

Darren wrote:
Ooh, I didn't know it had been found. Do we know if much of the original playground survived?
The playground equipment from the 1930's has been replaced by some modern stuff - but not as much. Fortunately the trees are still there, so it's a case of swings and roundabouts.

Some information from the park web page:

"In March 1930 the Estates Committee recommended that children’s swings be placed in the wood behind the Caretaker’s cottage and approved a detailed quotation for the playground equipment: 'A quotation has been received for 1 non-bumper seesaw, 1 set of 10ft swings, 2 seats, 1 set of 15ft swings, 2 seats, 1 ocean wave, 1 horizontal ladder, 1 large plank swing 6-8ft seats, cost £131 7s'. "
Last edited by Anthony McKay on Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anthony McKay
Little Wonder

Post by Anthony McKay »

MikeR wrote:
Tony

I shouldn't mention that I'm working on that damned "The Fear Merchants" location again then.

I've already eliminated the bit where Steed examines the body as the ABPC studio sound department building.

If you were to provide me with an address for "Iris Productions" it may help the search for the other bits.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

MikeR wrote:I started writing it in June 2011 after attending The Avengers at 50 event at Chichester University, although I had talked about it for 6 months before that and I've tried to cover everything associated with the series... within reason. I quickly found out that The Avengers is big subject.
No kidding. But I'm sure all your hard work has paid off. :)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Anthony McKay wrote:
MikeR wrote:
Tony

I shouldn't mention that I'm working on that damned "The Fear Merchants" location again then.

I've already eliminated the bit where Steed examines the body as the ABPC studio sound department building.

If you were to provide me with an address for "Iris Productions" it may help the search for the other bits.
Tony

Iris Productions were the production company on the first three seasons of The Avengers when the series was made on videotape at Teddington Studios, Broom Road, Teddington, but I don't think that anything from the filmed episodes was ever filmed there.

If were talking Elstree Studios lot or nearby, what about the buildings to the east of the studios, where the Bullens truck is seen in Homicide and Old Lace. Unfortunately, these have lond since been demolished and replaced by Imperial Place, but I'm sure you know the area I mean.
Anthony McKay
Little Wonder

Post by Anthony McKay »

Last edited by Anthony McKay on Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

Tony

If you follow the link it just says Forbidden!