The New Avengers - ITV4

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

Target! is not in the schedule this time either. All the others have one or two transmissions.

The scheduling is a bit chaotic. They are shown at about 16:50, usually with a repeat the following day at 11:45(ish). However, some episodes are only shown once.

I set up a series record for the afternoon broadcasts thinking that would catch them all. I've only just realised that S01E03 (Last of the Cybernauts...?) only had a morning broadcast so I have missed it. The same applies to S01E12 (Dirtier By The Dozen) which only has one showing at 11:25 on 16/10.
Last edited by NickP on Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

NickP wrote:Target! is not in the schedule this time either. All the others have one or two transmissions.
Really surprised to hear about Target's omission, especially as it so many people's favourite TNA episode. Is there a reason for this that anyone is aware of? I never watch the ITV4 repeats as I have the whole series videotaped off BBC2 from the 90s which I still watch now and again. I must get that dvd box set soon :!: :lol: Rich.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

cyberrich wrote:
NickP wrote:Target! is not in the schedule this time either. All the others have one or two transmissions.
Really surprised to hear about Target's omission, especially as it so many people's favourite TNA episode. Is there a reason for this that anyone is aware of? I never watch the ITV4 repeats as I have the whole series videotaped off BBC2 from the 90s which I still watch now and again. I must get that dvd box set soon :!: :lol: Rich.
Someone contacted ITV about it during the last airing, and was told there was some sort issue that meant they weren't allowed to broadcast it, but they wouldn't expand on it.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
NickP
Little Wonder

Post by NickP »

It's discussed further back in this thread, ITV4 say it's a "rights issue". That usually means either one of the actors has not agreed for it to be shown or it contains copyright material that can't be cleared for broadcast (e.g. a piece of music).

It's not unusual for famous actors to block their earlier work - David Jason and James Bolam are particularly well known for this (although neither of them is in Target!)
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Too bad. Target was one of the best of TNA. I just got the boxset and am loving it.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

The police box is a BBC trade mark. It could be that the BBC won't let ITV show it (it was shown on the most recent BBC run).

What has James Bolam blocked? "When The Boat Comes In" or "The Beiderbecke Tapes"?
Last watched: "Concerto"
Johnny O
Winged Avenger

Post by Johnny O »

Frankymole wrote:The police box is a BBC trade mark. It could be that the BBC won't let ITV show it (it was shown on the most recent BBC run).

What has James Bolam blocked? "When The Boat Comes In" or "The Beiderbecke Tapes"?
No, it's highly unlikely to be the police box. We've had that debate before, too. However, I really want to know what the reason is now. Surely someone at ITV4 would be willing to share? If ITV4 really don't want to spill the beans, Brian Clemens would know. Surely someone here is in touch with him? What about asking Joanna Lumley? Even Patty Knee might know.

In the previous debate, it was covered that Bolam blocks repeats of The Likely Lads and Whatever Happened To The Likely Lads. A lot of it is to do with his personal feud with co-star Rodney Bewes. I've no idea if he blocks any of his other TV work. He had another mega-comedy hit (in terms of ratings) for ITV called Only When I Laugh. I don't live in the UK, so I don't know if that ever gets an airing, but I've not heard of it being re-run. He takes himself VERY seriously as an actor, so it's possible it's just his comedy work he doesn't want being endlessly repeated. New Tricks gets repeats, does it not?

What a genuine shame that unsuspecting viewers are treated to the misery that is Trap but aren't enjoying the wonders of Target.
Last edited by Johnny O on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Alas it is missing one of the best episodes. But at least it is on TV over there. In the US we are lacking in TNA as well as the Avengers. Are the Avengers shown as well? Another reason to move to England. :D
Johnny O
Winged Avenger

Post by Johnny O »

anti-clockwise wrote:Alas it is missing one of the best episodes. But at least it is on TV over there. In the US we are lacking in TNA as well as the Avengers. Are the Avengers shown as well? Another reason to move to England. :D
When I first moved to the USA in 1992, A&E were running the colour Peel & King episodes twice a day. Then they ran the B&W Peel shows afterwards. I've not encountered any TA or TNA on US TV since then. But admittedly, I no longer watch or even own a TV! I only watch specific shows online and DVDs. So for all I know, TA & TNA are on a constant loop somewhere in America TV Land.
Last edited by Johnny O on Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

I have also given up on current tv but I seriously doubt TNA or TA have been on since '92 as you say.