Has there ever been... an Avengers Con?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
next thursday
Little Wonder

Post by next thursday »

As I have posted, I'd plan a holiday around it. If even only a short one.

I like the idea of forum only and keeping it low key and informal. That works best, I think.
I didn't sell out. I bought in.

I made you a Soul but I ate it.

Science isn't a Belief, it's Understanding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfuso/
http://blogs.delphiforums.com/alfuso/start
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

kim wrote:All right, I've been chatting with a couple of people and watching this topic very carefuly over the past week or so and am thinking we can make this Avenger's Con a reality.

Sort of.

What I have planned is not a true convention. Such a project requires very detailed planning, tons and tons of money, and a great number of people who would be willing and able to attend as well as part with some hard earned cash. I certainly do not have the means or capabilities to do such an event. If someone else does, super!

For me, the more realistic approach is to do an Avengers Fan Forum get together. This would strictly be for members of this forum and their family or friends.

It would be a three day event in London. The first day would of course be arrival day. Everyone who needs to would settle in to their respective hotels and we would meet for dinner and chat.

The next day would consist of touring some of the filmed sites during the day and a free for all evening so that those who wish to, can visit some of the other sites of London on their own.

The last day would be the big event. Guest speakers, watching a couple of episodes with commentaries from some of those directly involved with the show, a viewing of Avenger's memoribillia, and ending with a dinner/cocktail party.

There are tons and tons of details to be worked out over the next year or so and as of right now, nothing is written in stone. Much of this is going to depend on how many can actually attend. With the world's economy in such horrible shape, what may be realistic now, may not be realistic a year from now, so I can't promise anything, but will keep chisiling away at the details and see what we can do.

If you are interested in attending such an event, you can send me a private message or e-mail. This will give me an idea of just how much real interest there is in this event and I can then go from there.

Hope to see you all in London next year!
Kim
Sounds good Kim. We'd definitely try to make it along to such an event.

All the best

Andrew
ShaggE
The Ministry

Post by ShaggE »

For the record, when the staff of every buffet in London starts running and screaming in soul-wrenching terror, it means I've arrived, and I'm hungry.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

ShaggE wrote:For the record, when the staff of every buffet in London starts running and screaming in soul-wrenching terror, it means I've arrived, and I'm hungry.
Sad but true. We have an Italian restraunt across the road from us where we eat maybe once a month. ShaggE is very well known there. So well known in fact that they no longer provide him with a menu. We walk in and they automaticaly pop an extra large pizza in the oven for him, which he devours by himself (I'm not a pizza fan). The look of amazement on people's faces is funny to say the least.

What is maddening is that despite his amazing feats of food consumption, he doesn't gain weight.

Needless to say, I am not amused.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

kim wrote:
ShaggE wrote:For the record, when the staff of every buffet in London starts running and screaming in soul-wrenching terror, it means I've arrived, and I'm hungry.
Sad but true. We have an Italian restraunt across the road from us where we eat maybe once a month. ShaggE is very well known there. So well known in fact that they no longer provide him with a menu. We walk in and they automaticaly pop an extra large pizza in the oven for him, which he devours by himself (I'm not a pizza fan). The look of amazement on people's faces is funny to say the least.

What is maddening is that despite his amazing feats of food consumption, he doesn't gain weight.

Needless to say, I am not amused.
Oh I hate that too! It's so frustrating.
I used to work in a restaurant as a waitress, and we served pizzas too. And there was this guy who came in once a week and always ordered 2 pizzas. He put them on top of each other and ate them like a sandwich.
And he was so skinny! :shock:
ShaggE
The Ministry

Post by ShaggE »

I wouldn't exactly call myself skinny, but I'm not a person of heft, either. The way I see it, my metabolism could slow down at any time now, so I'm making the most of it while it lasts. :P
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Rodney wrote:It doesn't sound sad to me. Avengerland is addictive. I'd love to visit the bridge at Tyke's Water Lake but I understand that it is privately owned.
It can be visited. I have taken friends there on several occasions :D But you need permission.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

I used to work in a restaurant as a waitress, and we served pizzas too. And there was this guy who came in once a week and always ordered 2 pizzas. He put them on top of each other and ate them like a sandwich.
And he was so skinny!
Up to a challange ShaggE? :lol:

You know how parents will give their one year old a cake on their birthday and let them tear into it so they can take pictures and use them for blackmail later on?

I have been deprived.

ShaggE has never liked sweet things and back then, he pretty much detested them. He took one little taste of the frosting, made a face, and ignored the cake completely.

Fortunately, I do have the traditional naked baby on a bear skin rug which I will gladly post here unless ShaggE meets my demands. :D
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

kim wrote:
And he was so skinny!
Up to a challange ShaggE? :lol:

You know how parents will give their one year old a cake on their birthday and let them tear into it so they can take pictures and use them for blackmail later on?

I have been deprived.

ShaggE has never liked sweet things and back then, he pretty much detested them. He took one little taste of the frosting, made a face, and ignored the cake completely.

Fortunately, I do have the traditional naked baby on a bear skin rug which I will gladly post here unless ShaggE meets my demands. :D
Ooohh evil. I like it :lol:
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Well now I have to be nice to him because he has the flu. He's been fighting an upper respitory illness for weeks now and brilliance decides it would be fun to have an intenstinal bug along with it!

But just wait until he gets better... :twisted: