Bloopers & Gaffes !!

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Mararaboomdiay
Little Wonder

Post by Mararaboomdiay »

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:Don't know if anyone's mentioned Sleeper, when Steed and Gambit see the unconscious news paper boy lying next to his bike (another child appearing all be it briefly in the series, from another thread), the camera lingers a little too long and in the back ground of a London that has been entirely knocked out you can fleetingly see some very much awake people and traffic.
I never noticed that! I think the continuity in the New Avengers series is pretty good actually, I've watched most of those episodes about 5 times and I never noticed major (filming) mistakes. There are the odd bits out, but they generally paid good attention to continuity.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:Don't know if anyone's mentioned Sleeper, when Steed and Gambit see the unconscious news paper boy lying next to his bike (another child appearing all be it briefly in the series, from another thread), the camera lingers a little too long and in the back ground of a London that has been entirely knocked out you can fleetingly see some very much awake people and traffic. :lol:
No, I've never noticed that! I'll have to pay attention next time. Sleeper was remarkably good at making London look quiet and deserted, but it must have been tough to do so. I'm always a bit distracted in those scenes because I'm feeling for all the people who were out riding bikes and jogging when the sleep dust hit. There's a poor jogger lying there who clearly did one heck of a faceplant on the pavement when he was knocked out. Ouch!
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
lostntime
Nutshell

Post by lostntime »

During the opening credits of the '67 season, our first glimpse of Diana in the background pointing her pistol at the champagne bottle in the foreground. Diana is wearing an Emmapeeler with a tan top and what appears to be white pants, and white shoes. Of course, the remainder of the opening credits her pants are tan, matching her top, with white shoes.

Is lighting to blame making her pants appear white, or a continuity goof? Those pants sure do appear to be white.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

lostntime wrote:During the opening credits of the '67 season, our first glimpse of Diana in the background pointing her pistol at the champagne bottle in the foreground. Diana is wearing an Emmapeeler with a tan top and what appears to be white pants, and white shoes. Of course, the remainder of the opening credits her pants are tan, matching her top, with white shoes.

Is lighting to blame making her pants appear white, or a continuity goof? Those pants sure do appear to be white.
Neither. Diana is wearing a pair of pants that are half of each colour--white on the inside and tan on the outside. Go here, and scroll about three-quarters of the way down.

lostntime
Nutshell

Post by lostntime »

Thank you, Timeless...that explains it all.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

lostntime wrote:Thank you, Timeless...that explains it all.
No problem. Those pants have messed with my head more than once, too. :wink:

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Neither. Diana is wearing a pair of pants that are half of each colour--white on the inside and tan on the outside. Go here, and scroll about three-quarters of the way down.
What a lovely site! Bookmarked.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Neither. Diana is wearing a pair of pants that are half of each colour--white on the inside and tan on the outside. Go here, and scroll about three-quarters of the way down.
Surely you've visited the fashion section on Piers' "Mrs. Peel...We're Needed" before, Franky? I remember when I first started watching the series, I used to browse through Emma's wardrobe and wish I had most of it. One these days, Piers is going to get to "The Three-Hemmed Game," and I'm going to enjoy looking at the Gambit section for entirely different reasons. :wink:

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
Surely you've visited the fashion section on Piers' "Mrs. Peel...We're Needed" before, Franky? I remember when I first started watching the series, I used to browse through Emma's wardrobe and wish I had most of it. One these days, Piers is going to get to "The Three-Hemmed Game," and I'm going to enjoy looking at the Gambit section for entirely different reasons. :wink:
No, I go through [very rare] phases of being really involved in the wardrobe of Our Heroes (and Heroines), especially as the visual look of the 60s, and The Avengers in particular (and the design and direction of all those shows I now love) is a particularly wonderful thing to me, and times when I just forget all about it and revel in the old actors and music and sets and "vibe"...

So it's only on rare ocasions when I get time to delve into the hard work of anyone who has the passion to record exactly what's been done and where with the "High Fab-shion" that I can rest my eye with ease on (what was acknowledged at the time) as a leading feature of our favourite show :)

And fabulous it is.

"Three-Hemmed Game", he-heh, I like it :D
Last watched: "Concerto"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Frankymole wrote:And fabulous it is.

"Three-Hemmed Game", he-heh, I like it :D
'Tis, isn't it? :D (And it's Piers' wordplay, not mind, though I wish I'd come up with it :lol: ).