Linda Thorson

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

"Dry martini-sipping" ????

Brandy then champagne, I thought. Sounds like they're mixing him up with James "shaken not stirred" Bond.
"Twiggy was the definitive female face of the sixties because of her slight physical look, she was enormous in Japan..." Oh dear.

Would've been nice if they'd had the photos of both of them with Paddy Nee on the cover!
Last watched: "Concerto"
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Frankymole wrote:"Dry martini-sipping" ????

Brandy then champagne, I thought. Sounds like they're mixing him up with James "shaken not stirred" Bond.
"Twiggy was the definitive female face of the sixties because of her slight physical look, she was enormous in Japan..." Oh dear.

Would've been nice if they'd had the photos of both of them with Paddy Nee on the cover!
.....just as Linda was enormous in France.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MRotten wrote:
Frankymole wrote:"Dry martini-sipping" ????

.....just as Linda was enormous in France.
I remember reading about just how popular Linda was in France.
I think she had a hit 45 on EPIC, over there as well...

I always thought that she became a much better actress AFTER
the Avengers ended in 1969....Look at her post show resume....
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I believe Linda had a no. 1 hit in France with Here I Am. I think it was on the Ember label. Written by Kenny Lynch.

Quite a toe tapper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXGQ7Ww4O8

thumbnail
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Interview with Linda from March, 2011. She was back in Canada at the time!

http://popcultureaddict.com/interviews/ ... dathorson/

Lots of repeat, though I was interested to read that she spends more time in Canada than she used to, and that she crossed paths with Gareth in the theatre quite a few times. :)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MRotten wrote:I found this on the TV Guide site:

Dry martini-sipping superspy John Steed (Patrick Macnee) and his partner, the fulgent Tara King (Linda Thorson), take on more espionage -- including infiltrating a top-secret defense installation -- in the final season of this blithely spirited British television series.

fulgent: shining brightly; radiant
You won't get any arguement from me about that word describing our lovely Linda!
what a strange word....one that isn't used in every day useage,,mind you! (LOL)
Cariheart

Post by Cariheart »

Does anyone know where I can get hold of fan mail address for Linda? Much appreciated!
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I believe Linda had a no. 1 hit in France with Here I Am. I think it was on the Ember label. Written by Kenny Lynch.

Quite a toe tapper!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvXGQ7Ww4O8

thumbnail
Nice. Kenny Lynch was a decent songwriter, I enjoyed his 60s stuff especially for Small Faces.
Last watched: "Concerto"
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Cariheart wrote:Does anyone know where I can get hold of fan mail address for Linda? Much appreciated!
Google 'Linda thorson fanmail' ;)

Last time I wrote her, it was in June 2010 and she replied to my mail. I had put additional paper inside the envelope in case she might want to write something personal and she did (I had asked if she had memories to share about the John Bryce era). She said she had complete faith in him; yet, higher powers didn't approve his vision on the show.

To update this topic, I did some research and it seems Linda is back to London, she's now working on another play, 'Finding Neverland' (based on a movie with Kate Winslet). It should be performed in London by the end of this year.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Cariheart

Post by Cariheart »

JohnSteedFr wrote:
Cariheart wrote:Does anyone know where I can get hold of fan mail address for Linda? Much appreciated!
Google 'Linda thorson fanmail' ;)

Last time I wrote her, it was in June 2010 and she replied to my mail. I had put additional paper inside the envelope in case she might want to write something personal and she did (I had asked if she had memories to share about the John Bryce era). She said she had complete faith in him; yet, higher powers didn't approve his vision on the show.

To update this topic, I did some research and it seems Linda is back to London, she's now working on another play, 'Finding Neverland' (based on a movie with Kate Winslet). It should be performed in London by the end of this year.
Thank you for answering, JohnSteedFr! :) Marvelous that Linda's finding more stage work :)
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time