Fan Made DVD Covers

Your mission is to post, highlight and discuss Avengers fan fiction, art and other creative endeavours!
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

Thanks again for the kind comments, denisrigg, and assistance with uploads. Will try some of the options you mentioned. And keep my fingers firmly crossed whilst doing so!
BTW, I missed the This Is Your Life edition with Patrick Macnee. The trouble with that show was, you never knew in advance who the guest was, so impossible to set the video for someone you wanted to see!
"Brown hyphen Fitcth. Is the Fitcth spelt with a small F or a big one?"
"A big F."
"It suits you."
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Mike's Gambit wrote:Thanks again for the kind comments, denisrigg, and assistance with uploads. Will try some of the options you mentioned. And keep my fingers firmly crossed whilst doing so!
BTW, I missed the This Is Your Life edition with Patrick Macnee. The trouble with that show was, you never knew in advance who the guest was, so impossible to set the video for someone you wanted to see!
that's easy Mike.. It's on youtube. Also the one with Ian Hendry starts with Patrick.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Mike's Gambit wrote:Thanks Frankymole. Difficult to judge it right when I'm taking the pics with my mobile! But I hope they give you a feel of what the content was like. Could be so much better. I'm no professional!

Here's the breakdown of the chat with Patrick and Gareth (plus a videotaped interview with Joanna) from GMTV of 07 Feb 1995 (screencaps follow):

To give publicity to The New Avengers being repeated on Bravo channel that week, Joanna is filmed at the Bravo event in London discussing the show. She told what she thought of Patrick - "Clever and wise, Sage and humorous" - and Gareth - "Sort of terrific, incredibly funny and sang a lot". They were completely different, she said, which helped in a way. She joked that she "went along like a maid helping with the cleaning up!"
How she had to judge Purdey hair contests.

There are excerpts from The Eagle's Nest and The Last of the Cybernauts...??

Joanna said she didn't really get to know Patrick or Gareth until they shot four episodes in France and seven or eight in Canada, when you are in each others company for long periods.

On looking back at the show, she often looked down on what she was filming at the time but now she thinks "that was quite a good story."

To the studios now and Patrick and Gareth are introduced. Eamonn Holmes and Kay Burley (I think) are the interviewers. Asked if they were happy times filming the show, Gareth, who seems to be glancing at the monitors watching the episode excerpts, jokes "I thought that was somebody else!"

Patrick says Joanna is beautiful. "That's the reason for reviving it!" he praises the new picture quality done to the episodes and the overall restoration.

Eamonn asks Gareth if he felt it was a case of two's company, three's a crowd now that it wasn't like previous Avengers series with just Steed and the girl. Gareth says it didn't feel that strange, but Patrick cuts in with "He should've done!", leaving Gareth sat looking at the monitor again and changing the subject completely with "I look fat in this coat!".

Patrick laughs and continues... "I shouldn't have been in it at all! Should've been just those two!" There's mention of the age factor. Kay asks what was it about the show. It's still hugely popular. Gareth emphasizes that "it's tongue in cheek! It's Superman, Batman. It's... FUN."

Patrick praised each of the Avenger girls by name and reiterated "It's a good show! But others would say it's so old! It was done such a long time ago! Much Ado About Nothing is good. Hamlet is good. Written a long time ago!"

Part of the Joanna video tape chat is played again for the fellas to see and hear. When Joanna spoke of Gareth singing a lot, he bursts into a short impromptu song #You are my little breath of Springtime...
They all laugh!

Patrick was absolutely astonished at Joanna's description of him, but "all perfectly acceptable!". Eamonn jokes about Steed being the epitome of the English gent. Tough billing to live up to? Patrick jokes about how dare he, a Scot, have anything to do with the English!! He then briefly explains the origins of the bowler hat by a Frenchman.

More talk about sexual relations with the Avenger girls within the series and how women have stronger roles these days. Patrick jokes that he lost out on the part of M to Judi Dench in the Bond films!

There is talk of birthdays (Patrick says his was the day before and that it's Gareth's this day) and accents. Gareth jokes to Eamonn that he reminds him of Frank Carson and does the 'It's the way I tell 'em!' catchphrase!

With mention of The Avengers film, Patrick doesn't seem too keen saying that there are plans for Mel Gibson and Sharon Stone to star. "Not good." He recommends Hugh Grant.

Before they go, there is talk of the Gold Heart appeal and charity. Close up on Gareth's lapel to show the Gold Heart badge. Then a reminder of where you can tune in to The New Avengers. Gareth adds: "Bravo for Bravo!" bringing the interview to an end.

great thread,,,,interesting and funny reading..Patrick was in great form....and more!
Mike's Gambit
Nutshell

Post by Mike's Gambit »

Thanks for the continued kind comments, Mousemeat and Anti-clockwise. Will check out YouTube for the This Is Your Life...
"Brown hyphen Fitcth. Is the Fitcth spelt with a small F or a big one?"
"A big F."
"It suits you."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Mike's Gambit wrote:Thanks for the continued kind comments, Mousemeat and Anti-clockwise. Will check out YouTube for the This Is Your Life...
yes......very cool....thanks for the heads up