Who was the best looking of steed's female partner's

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Scott Bot wrote:Ah, this one is a tough one for me. Personally, I think Cathy Gale has a lot of raw sex appeal, is very tough and very independent, quite attractive and takes no guff whatsoever from Steed; things which hold a great deal of appeal to me. She would be number one on my list except for one fact: I don't care much for blond hair. If she had black hair, look out...

Tara King has the dark hair (most of the time, anyhow), and is very cute, but she's just a little too childlike for my tastes...

Purdey is quite attractive, yes, but every time I watch TNA I feel like I'm watching a really bad Dynasty episode, so there's that. (Don't ask me what that has to do with it, I don't know, either). She's also too darned tall...

I reckon I'd have to go with Emma Peel...
'She's also too darned tall'...in fact Emma and Tara are taller than Purdey ! Maybe it's because Purdey can look so skinny at times she appears to be 'too darned tall' :) I like your take on Cathy... physically so impressive and possibly the toughest Avenger girl ,though a tussle between her and Purdey could be one helluva one :oops:
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

MRotten wrote:I'll break it down thusly:

Best figure - Honor Blackman
Best wardrobe - Diana Rigg
Best eyes - Linda Thorson
Best everyday hairstyle - Joanna Lumley

All stunning beauties. Impossible to pick one over another.
Honor Blackman had a stunning figure but so too did Linda Thorson ! Linda also wore the 'Purdey bob' ever before Joanna Lumley and looked stunning with it 8) And what Avenger could match Joanna Lumley's long lean legs and pose so sexily as she did in famed sitting pose in blue chiffon dress showcasing those fantastic athletic pins to perfection :wink: Who could match Purdey's hauteur ?
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

They're all very attractive women. Thankfully, that's not the sum total of their characters.

Let's be certain to rank the physical merits of the men too.
shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Lhbizness wrote:They're all very attractive women. Thankfully, that's not the sum total of their characters.

Let's be certain to rank the physical merits of the men too.
How do you rank them ? :)
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

How do you rank them ? :)
Steed at the top, top, top!
Dr. Keel
Dr. King

Gambit waaay at the bottom.
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Scott Bot wrote:Ah, this one is a tough one for me. Personally, I think Cathy Gale has a lot of raw sex appeal, is very tough and very independent, quite attractive and takes no guff whatsoever from Steed; things which hold a great deal of appeal to me. She would be number one on my list except for one fact: I don't care much for blond hair. If she had black hair, look out...

Tara King has the dark hair (most of the time, anyhow), and is very cute, but she's just a little too childlike for my tastes...

Purdey is quite attractive, yes, but every time I watch TNA I feel like I'm watching a really bad Dynasty episode, so there's that. (Don't ask me what that has to do with it, I don't know, either). She's also too darned tall...

I reckon I'd have to go with Emma Peel...

pretty much how i would vote...
Lhbizness

Post by Lhbizness »

I'm sorry, does no one think this is kind of disrespectful to these women? To divide and compartmentalize them and set them up against each other according to their respective physical merits? It doesn't seem fair to just treat them as nothing but their physical characteristics. Aren't they more than that?
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Well, we're not the Sun reviewing the Oscars...
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.