Well, now we know for sure...

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Well, now we know for sure...

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

It is Linda in the Laurent champagne commercial (just in case the fuzzy footage left any doubt). Apparently it made news at some point when they shot it, because this photographe popped up, with caption:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/THE-AVENGERS-LIN ... 911.c0.m14

The little blurb says 1973, though, which puts it wayyy before TNA's inception some time in 1975. Is the information inaccurate, or did TNA not come together as quickly as we've been led to believe?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I don't think it's as early as 1973 as Patrick was still favouring a longer hairstyle and sideburns then. All previous info has said the ad was filmed in 1975 - I'm happy to go with that.

Linda looks a bit spooky in that pic!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I don't think it's as early as 1973 as Patrick was still favouring a longer hairstyle and sideburns then. All previous info has said the ad was filmed in 1975 - I'm happy to go with that.

It may be just a misprint. The blurb says it was five years since they'd worked together, too, and the math doesn't add up. It probably was '75. I was just surprised to see any photographic evidence that it got publicity back when it was made.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I don't think it's as early as 1973 as Patrick was still favouring a longer hairstyle and sideburns then. All previous info has said the ad was filmed in 1975 - I'm happy to go with that.

It may be just a misprint. The blurb says it was five years since they'd worked together, too, and the math doesn't add up. It probably was '75. I was just surprised to see any photographic evidence that it got publicity back when it was made.
SOUNDS like a date problem...heck, for yrs, I could never get a proper time for that photo session, and whether or not, it got the Avengers
back in production..but eventually, it was a different Avengers...