John Bryce's unseen episodes

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

John Bryce's unseen episodes

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Because the previous subject (on the former website) was very interesting, I decided to re-open another one about it.
Did we finish the subject last time ?
Can we add other interesting pieces of information ?
Last edited by JohnSteedFr on Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

It might be useful to backtrack on what was said for the benefit of those who have not read the old topic, myself included! :D
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

I was about to say that. I too missed this discussion on the previous forum.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

It was a topic I created I think. Sadly there's no archive to look back on but I think we pretty much discussed the subject out. It was a very interesting one I agree.

I think the last thing I remember writing was how far John Dankworth might have got in writing a new Avengers theme song or whether it was still at the ideas stage with John Bryce. And whether it might have been his original theme revamped or a brand new one from scratch.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

We said (I remember many things) something indeed concerning the score, the music produced by Dankworth and a woman, we could see a picture of Jennifer Croxton as a journalist as she appeared in INVITATION TO A KILLING.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

JohnSteedFr wrote:We said (I remember many things) something indeed concerning the score, the music produced by Dankworth and a woman, we could see a picture of Jennifer Croxton as a journalist as she appeared in INVITATION TO A KILLING.
Ah, that's right. Rumour of a vocal theme by Dame Cleo Laine... makes me think of the original Star Trek theme - heh...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Could there be persons who block any publication of these episodes on DVD?
Macnee or Thorson, or somebody else (directors)?
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Two weeks ago, I read in THE ULTIMATE AVENGERS that THE GREAT GREAT BRITAIN CRIME was almost a 60min episode !

So, I was right about the idea that all the scenes weren't in HOMICIDE AND OLD LACE.
Moreover, there's a picture in THE AVENGERS ON LOCATION where Steed and Tara are in a garage (when Miss King will be trapped later...) whereas we don't see this in HAOL.

I think that HAOL is a real loss of time, I don't like the fact that they used extracts of Mrs Peel Era. They should have used the rest of Great Great Britain Crime.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

JohnSteedFr wrote:Two weeks ago, I read in THE ULTIMATE AVENGERS that THE GREAT GREAT BRITAIN CRIME was almost a 60min episode !

So, I was right about the idea that all the scenes weren't in HOMICIDE AND OLD LACE.
Moreover, there's a picture in THE AVENGERS ON LOCATION where Steed and Tara are in a garage (when Miss King will be trapped later...) whereas we don't see this in HAOL.

I think that HAOL is a real loss of time, I don't like the fact that they used extracts of Mrs Peel Era. They should have used the rest of Great Great Britain Crime.
"Invitation to a Killing" was 90 minutes, so we're not seeing all of it in "Have Guns - Will Haggle", either.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Yes, I'd like to see it by the way. I don't know if we can, if we can go to the archives, and pay for example 50€ (I don't know how it works with £ or Dollars). If it's possible, I suggest to you to organize a little meeting there in order to watch an unseen episode.

But where are the archives of the series ????
Very good question.... :?