Poll Results-Best Season

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Poll Results-Best Season

Post by cyberrich »

Thanks to all who took part. The winner is ....season 4. Bet you didn't see that one coming!

PLACE-- SEASON -- SCORE

1st - - 4 - - 108
2nd - - 3 - - 94
3rd - - 5 - - 84
4th - - 6 - - 84
5th - - 1:TNA - - 83
6th - - 2 - - 72
7th - - 2:TNA - - 47
8th - - 1 -- 40

So the most popular era of The Avengers is 1965-6. I do think this season ticks the most boxes so it's no surprise to me that it won. Season 3 did better than I expected in 2nd place. Season 5 and 6 actually tied with 84 points. 2 people placed both seasons first, but six of you placed season 5 in 2nd place as opposed to only 2 for season 6, hence season 5 wins 3rd place, and did much better than I expected after reading so many negative comments about it on here. Really pleased about that as I think season 5 is great fun and it's just fun for it's own sake, and a real contrast to the two previous seasons. Rich.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I found the result so interesting I made this graph to illustrate the ratings given.

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Nice to see Tara getting as good a score as the color Emmas.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Ooh, the first season of TNA just misses tying five and six by a hair. Funny how the ratings increased going up to season 4, and then dropped off again, nice and even. I'd say we've confirmed season 4 as the series' peak (although things stayed pretty steady afterwards. I can go with that. 8) )
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Good result! I thought the TK season would thrash the colour EPs, the amount of bashing it gets. Nice to see this didn't happen ... 8)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

It's simply that the TK and TNA fans seem to be more vociferous than those of the earler seasons. A recent survey was done among students on a feminist course at a leading university in the States and both CG and EP were voted in the top ten most important femal characters in tv history. So the show hasn't been forgotten by the 'next generation'!
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Rodney wrote:It's simply that the TK and TNA fans seem to be more vociferous than those of the earler seasons. A recent survey was done among students on a feminist course at a leading university in the States and both CG and EP were voted in the top ten most important femal characters in tv history. So the show hasn't been forgotten by the 'next generation'!
That is an amazing find. Whenever I mention the show around here, most people of my age around here only have a vague memory of it, the younger generation (if I can get them away from the cell phones long enough) have no clue as to what I'm talking about. :lol:
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

kim wrote:
Rodney wrote:It's simply that the TK and TNA fans seem to be more vociferous than those of the earler seasons. A recent survey was done among students on a feminist course at a leading university in the States and both CG and EP were voted in the top ten most important femal characters in tv history. So the show hasn't been forgotten by the 'next generation'!
That is an amazing find. Whenever I mention the show around here, most people of my age around here only have a vague memory of it, the younger generation (if I can get them away from the cell phones long enough) have no clue as to what I'm talking about. :lol:
This cell phone thing is really annoying. I don't even own one.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

kim wrote:
That's brilliant! Good to know someone from my generation is still watching. Although it probably depends on which sector of the population you're looking at. People who are already into Cult TV and such are more likely to know about the series. But hey, if they're teaching it in school, all the better. 8)
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

MRotten wrote:
kim wrote:
This cell phone thing is really annoying. I don't even own one.
I have one of those pay as you go phones so that I can call 911 in an emergency, but otherwise I don't use it, have no desire to learn how to text, add cute ring tones, etc. It annoys me to no end when I'm waiting on a customer and I have to wait for him/her to finish up their phone conversation.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.