Steed v. Emma Poll

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.

Who do you prefer

John Steed
56%
Mrs Emma Peel
44%

Total votes: 71

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Steed v. Emma Poll

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

This is the first in a series of polls designed to see who is your favourite of two Avengers.

I've tried to match up who I think will give each other a run for their money. A 'Steed v. Gambit' or 'Emma v. Venus Smith' poll (for example) would be unfair and the result predictable.

This is just a wee bit of fun - please treat these polls in the spirit of which they were intended. If you want to reveal who you voted for please comment below and gibve reason if you want.

I begin with the big guns ...
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

That was a tough one, but my vote is based on the fact that without John Steed, there would be no Avengers. In my opinion that is. :D
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

kim wrote:That was a tough one, but my vote is based on the fact that without John Steed, there would be no Avengers. In my opinion that is. :D
I think that's more than an opinion - it's a fact which we'd all agree. Although there have been two episodes without Steed appearing once.

But this is why I put the mighty Emma Peel up against Steed, either would trounce any other Avenger (I think).

Having said that, it's like saying 'which do you prefer bread versus butter?' as they go so well together but on their own one is too dry and the other too sickly.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

NO!!! You can't make me vote!!! :shock: :wink:
They're both like puzzle pieces fitting perfectly together!
Miska_cz
Little Wonder

Post by Miska_cz »

No, I can´t vote either. Every character of Avengers is unique so, I loved them all :twisted:
Miska_Cz :o)
denis
Winged Avenger

Post by denis »

John Steed as Patrick Macnee is unique (that’s why the film was a flop). An Avengers girl can be changed…
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

Emma is brilliant, but I agree that without Steed there is no Avengers, so I guess my vote will have to go to Steed. But ideally I wouldn't want to choose at all :lol:
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Well, I went for Emma, just because she was what drew me into the series in the first place, but I always feel Steed has gone beyond being a mere "character" and become an integral part of the fabric of the series. Everyone else was "temporary" in comparison. That's why whenever I list my preferences of Avengers, I leave Steed out and give him his own list. I can only compare Steed to other iterations of Steed. Maybe you ought to do another set of polls, Dandy? Gale v. Peel Steed, Tara v. TNA Steed? :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

I also voted for Steed, then without him aren't THE AVENGERS what they are and what we love!
Steed: "Eee-urp!!"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

A very close call, but I voted for Emma. It is true that you can't have The Avengers without Steed, but I'm afraid I've always loved the character of Emma, and The Avengers were extremely lucky to have found an actress like Diana to play her. After Honor left it could have meant the end of the show and replacing her was no easy task. As we all know they had to drop the initial choice and start looking again. Emma is I think the greatest female character to have ever appeared on tv. Rich.