New Avengers - New Release?

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

PaulGreaves
Thingumajig

New Avengers - New Release?

Post by PaulGreaves »

Hi, this may have been answered elsewhere but does anyone know if The New Avengers is going to get the same treatment as the current set of releases?

The only reason I ask is that Amazon have suddenly dropped the price of the current NA boxset to £18!! This usually tends to happen just before a new boxset is released (see Blackadder)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Avengers-Di ... 593&sr=1-1

P
the_e
Nutshell

Post by the_e »

I was also considering this release, though the comments say bad picture quality... I'm sure this has been discussed, could somebody kindly push me in the right direction?
Mararaboomdiay
Little Wonder

Post by Mararaboomdiay »

I've considered buying the box, but if the quality's really that bad... It'd be great if someone could help out here.
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

The quality is bad, I have seen some screenshots on the internet. You can wait until a new release is here, or you buy them from an other country in Europe. I think those from France (2008) have good quality. In Germany they release TNA in the second quarter of 2010 and certain in very good quality!

http://www.amazon.fr/Chapeau-melon-bott ... 239&sr=8-7
Last edited by SteedMonk on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steed: "Eee-urp!!"
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

The French releases of TNA are only slightly better in terms of prints, but are quite poor in terms of authoring. They are also French prints, so have French on-screen titles, should that be of interest.

As for whether TNA will be part of the new Optimum special edition, as far as we know, it won't be.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

Alan wrote:The French releases of TNA are only slightly better in terms of prints, but are quite poor in terms of authoring. They are also French prints, so have French on-screen titles, should that be of interest.

As for whether TNA will be part of the new Optimum special edition, as far as we know, it won't be.
I don't think, that they have French on-screen titles, because on our dvd edition is everything in english (all credits, and titles), only the sound is in german. But I don't know it certainly how it is in France. The episode titles have only subtitles.
the_e
Nutshell

Post by the_e »

Hm, how bad is bad? a screenshot really would help. 18 pounds really isn't too expensive.
Or to put it in relation, I've got the Dutch release and no big complaints. Better worse or much worse?
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

It could be better, but it is acceptable! :)

You can find them here: http://www.zetaminor.com/news_archive/m ... ompare.htm
Last edited by SteedMonk on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the_e
Nutshell

Post by the_e »

big thanks, and bought :)

not great quality, but acceptable. The Cathy Gale Eras also don't look better :D
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

You're welcome! :)
Was does quite poor in terms of authoring mean? Did they use worse cameras or are the episodes only bad restored?