New Avengers - New Release?

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Lando wrote:Lame. Hopefully a new UK set is in the works at some point.
Yes. If they did a new film transfer, there'd be sales galore. I bought the Australian Umbrella sets of ITC series like "The [Return of the] Saint", "Danger Man", "The Prisoner", "Man in a Suitcase" and "UFO", because they bothered to do better transfers than the UK (I'm in the UK, for anyone who doesnt care/know). I know that many buyers like me would bite their hand off if they did a better TNA release.
Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Lando wrote:
Alan wrote:I honestly think that the point at which TNA will be remastered is when Studio Canal finally think it worth doing Blu-rays (and I'm not holding my breath on that score, either). I don't think there's really any hope of a revised DVD, at least not in the immediate future.
Thanks again. I'll hang on to my US set as there's no reason to upgrade to the UK set at this point.

Hopefully Studio Canal does do some mastering in the near future.

In the meantime, I have the splendid 50th Anniversary Avengers set on the way. That will take quite a bit of time for me to go through!!

I'm looking forward to it!

new avengers sets...are dead issues..until studio canal decides to either 're do 'em'..or let someone else put em out....yeah, the u.s. sets have been long out of print, and were hard to find-even in print.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Does anyone know of any plans to remaster TNA? It seems strange that it hasn't happened. Haven't most vintage series been remastered by now :?: I really want the TNA box set to complete the collection, but I'm wary of buying the old set. I hope the remasters aren't too long in coming. I did write to optimum about a year ago but received no reply, so it would seem not likely yet. :( Rich.
mariocki
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by mariocki »

IIRC Network have said that despite licensing The Professionals for a Blu-ray release, they have no plans to do anything similar with TNA.
"No ma'm, I'm a Texan."
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

No TNA. The injustice of it all.
That's not fair but just don't tell Timeless.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

anti-clockwise wrote:Waaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

No TNA. The injustice of it all.
That's not fair but just don't tell Timeless.
It's disappointing but unsurprising. Perhaps they think that since they've done a set already, and don't see the need to do another.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

mariocki wrote:IIRC Network have said that despite licensing The Professionals for a Blu-ray release, they have no plans to do anything similar with TNA.
I'm pretty convinced that they'd love to do it were it possible, but that StudioCanal are not keen to pass on their Avengers rights to a licensee. Unfortunately that means we're stuck with a very substandard DVD set.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Alan wrote:
mariocki wrote:IIRC Network have said that despite licensing The Professionals for a Blu-ray release, they have no plans to do anything similar with TNA.
I'm pretty convinced that they'd love to do it were it possible, but that StudioCanal are not keen to pass on their Avengers rights to a licensee. Unfortunately that means we're stuck with a very substandard DVD set.
Why would that be, do you think? Why would they let Optimum do a set, but be unwilling to let Network have a go?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Always politics getting in the way! :roll:
anti-clockwise

Post by anti-clockwise »

Always politics getting in the way! :roll: