New Avengers - New Release?

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Frankymole wrote:They could, but they choose not to. Strange, as TNA get more recent repeats on TV, and so are more of a "hot property" commercially. But Canal have never been noted for commercial sense!
They are way ahead of the US company what is it-Timeless media or some such nonsense that is coming out with the same exact Emma Peel set.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

TNA is owned by Clemens/Fennell as well as Studio Canal who licences them.

A remaster can only happen Professionals style, if both of them get the negatives to the studio and strike a deal around this.

Just be patient, it will eventually happen, and we will get TNA with the correct opening credits + more picture left and right and up and down, in HD.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I wouldn't put money on that last bit - some of the recent DVD release was reframed to have less picture area than before!
Last watched: "The Secrets Broker"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

seventeen wrote:TNA is owned by Clemens/Fennell as well as Studio Canal who licences them.

A remaster can only happen Professionals style, if both of them get the negatives to the studio and strike a deal around this.

Just be patient, it will eventually happen, and we will get TNA with the correct opening credits + more picture left and right and up and down, in HD.
one could hope...i fear it'll be a long time a coming....i hope not.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

The new Avengers box set is just over £16 on a well known site. I'm tempted to buy this as it looks highly unlikely that a remastered one will ever see the light of day. What is the picture quality like :?: Is it worth buying :?: Thanks, Rich.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

There's a new set of "The New Avengers" out from Umbrella Entertainment in Australia.
I'll post a box shot when I get a chance, but I'm guessing it's the same as the last UK release. Only point of interest is it has two commentary tracks, one from Gareth and one from Brian.

(Of course, this is Australia so they're trying to charge $57 for it). We generally pay 50% more than the rest of the world because... well, there is no because, we just get stiffed.
Last edited by dissolute on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

Bummer. I just bought TNA from Amazon UK for 27 GBP.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Did Canal licence the rights then? The first UK DVD release of TNA, from Contender, certainly has the Canal idents (and they're on the box too). Presumably they also had to licence the rights to put them on the German 50th anniversary box set of The Avengers and TNA (all in one set).
to a non fan, this is all very confusing..as one of my freinds told me this
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

As promised, the box shot.

The copyright notice only lists I.D.T.V. - TV Productions TF1, but I suspect that's the producers not checking the copy inserted by the designer properly because it's completely wrong.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
johnnybear
Thingumajig

Post by johnnybear »

cybermanz wrote:I don't find the Optimum 2006 release of The New Avengers to be too bad in terms of quality.
You try prizing the discs out of the clamps without breaking them!!! That's why I slumped for the US version which I already owned!
JB