Gareth Hunt

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Topaze
Nutshell

Post by Topaze »

So nice!
A ZZ Von Schnerk production
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:I still think about him every day - mainly due to this site! He's not a minor part of the Avengers, and The Avengers is one of the great showcases of acting talent of the 20th century, so it's always nice to see fans talking about him, and to catch his appearances when he pops up in Upstairs Downstairs and more obscure stuff, on my telly (and DVD player). What a gent.
very well stated..Franky...shame that he died before his time..still hard to believe he's gone..but he'lllive forever..inna sense..thru his appearances...
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Just watched a 1972 film comedy I'd recorded a few days ago from the Talking pictures channel. Towards the end of the film the door was opened to a policeman played by none other than Gareth Hunt. He only had a few lines, but not a bad film, worth watching. It will be on again, as films tend to get repeated every so often on this channel.
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

cyberrich wrote:Just watched a 1972 film comedy I'd recorded a few days ago from the Talking pictures channel. Towards the end of the film the door was opened to a policeman played by none other than Gareth Hunt. He only had a few lines, but not a bad film, worth watching. It will be on again, as films tend to get repeated every so often on this channel.
Thanks Darren. He was really quite an actor. I saw part of a movie he played as a mime I believe? Are you familiar with this one? I hardly recognized him.
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

cyberrich wrote:Just watched a 1972 film comedy I'd recorded a few days ago from the Talking pictures channel. Towards the end of the film the door was opened to a policeman played by none other than Gareth Hunt. He only had a few lines, but not a bad film, worth watching. It will be on again, as films tend to get repeated every so often on this channel.
Obvious question: what was the film, Rich? :)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Ian Wegg
Winged Avenger

Post by Ian Wegg »

To preempt Rich's reply, I'd take a punt on it being For The Love of Ada.

There is often good stuff on Talking Pictures, I wish I could receive the channel.

~iw
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I should have said, but yes it was For the love of Ada. It was based on a sitcom that I've never seen. Not a classic, but not bad. Gareth only has the one short scene. They do repeat the films every so often on this channel, so it's bound to be on again soon. This channel (Talking pictures) have also shown at least 3 of Honor's 1950's films.
Purrr
Thingumajig

Gareth Hunt in 'For The Love Of Ada' (1972)

Post by Purrr »

The scene with Gareth from 'The Love Of Ada' on this page: http://home.scarlet.be/~pvandew1/avenge ... of_ada.htm

all the best

Patrick
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Thanks Ian, Rich and Patrick. :)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Gareth's sitcom from 1981 'That Beryl Marston' also starring Julia McKenzie, is being repeated on Talking pictures next Monday at 8.25am. There was only one series of 6 episodes made. It's quite a good, gentle comedy, but don't expect any belly laughs here.