Gareth Hunt

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:That was an interesting read, thanks. I really want to watch it now. :lol:

I would imagine it is just a matter of time before it's discovered by those that have brought out similar 70's expoitation films. I think the film must have died on it's arse though or had a very limited release. It certainly didn't come round our way, else I would have watched like a shot.

I see Deep Roy was in, who's been in everything from The New Avengers (Target!) to Doctor Who, X Files, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes and Return of the Jedi. He should write his memoirs.

Trailer

and here's a clip and trailer from the previous (non Gareth) film.
Here is a slightly different trailer: https://wn.com/gareth_hunt_bloodbath_at ... areth_Hunt

Hard to believe the trailer dates from 1979..not too long after TNA ended..
denis rigg
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by denis rigg »

By the way, one little-known fact is that exactly Gareth Hunt's agent Marina Martin managed actor during the filming of The New Avengers.

Why? Well.. :wink: Maybe an important fact is that she herself participated in the series when she was an actress? :D Marina Martin played Janet in Avengers episode The Big Thinker in 1962

Anecdote

Marina Martin (Avengers fan after participating in the Avengers series) is trying with all her power to manage Gareth in the TNA.
Marina: “Me and all my friends were on this show, Gareth, and you have to go through that too". :D
Denis
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

denis rigg wrote:By the way, one little-known fact is that exactly Gareth Hunt's agent Marina Martin managed actor during the filming of The New Avengers.

Why? Well.. :wink: Maybe an important fact is that she herself participated in the series when she was an actress? :D Marina Martin played Janet in Avengers episode The Big Thinker in 1962

Anecdote

Marina Martin (Avengers fan after participating in the Avengers series) is trying with all her power to manage Gareth in the TNA.
Marina: “Me and all my friends were on this show, Gareth, and you have to go through that too". :D

what a interesting paradox....Martin acting, then later being the agent for Gareth...
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Talking Pictures TV showed this 1984 horror film spoof (certificate 15) with an introduction by Caroline Munro, who appeared in the New Avengers with Pamela Stephenson and Joanna Lumley - and Gareth Hunt, who also appears in this film. Caroline talks about her fellow New Avengers actors and Brian Clemens in the intro, which is available to watch currently with the film on TPTV Encore: https://www.tptvencore.co.uk/Video/Bloo ... b1657dbe9e

Last watched: "Mandrake"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Talking Pictures TV showed this 1984 horror film spoof (certificate 15) with an introduction by Caroline Munro, who appeared in the New Avengers with Pamela Stephenson and Joanna Lumley - and Gareth Hunt, who also appears in this film. Caroline talks about her fellow New Avengers actors and Brian Clemens in the intro, which is available to watch currently with the film on TPTV Encore: https://www.tptvencore.co.uk/Video/Bloo ... b1657dbe9e

wondering if this ever saw a stateside release ? by say, Arrow or shout factory ?
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I'll give Bloodbath a try even though it's only usually given a one star rating. Is it really so bad :?: Talking pictures is also re-showing the brilliant Upstairs downstairs, which as you all know featured Gareth Hunt in the final series and was one of the reasons he landed the Gambit role.
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

cyberrich wrote:I'll give Bloodbath a try even though it's only usually given a one star rating. Is it really so bad :?:
It depends what you're in the mood for. I was bored beforehand, and quite willing to watch something silly and lightweight. Considering that there are some multi-million dollar Hollywood vehicles I've dozed off to, it did well for its small budget by keeping my attention. It had some "WTF?" moments with inventive deaths, it certainly wasn't the worst horror spoof I've ever seen. I like to see actors that I like having fun though; judging from the reviews, that seems to irritate some people.

Worst thing about it was Graham Stark, I can't stand that man. But he's easily ignored.
Frankymole

Re: Gareth Hunt

Post by Frankymole »

Talking Pictures TV is running one of Gareth Hunt's forays into comedy:

"Julia Mackenzie stars as the owner of a novelty shop in Brighton who begins to suspect that her husband is having an affair in That Beryl Marston! on Monday at 4pm. The charming Gareth Hunt plays husband Gerry, while Jonathon Morris plays their son, Phil, and Jayne Stevens as daughter Jane. As for the titular Beryl Marston, you won’t see much of her… Other well known faces popping up in the six episode run include Millicent Martin, Terence Alexander and Reginald Marsh."
Untitled 1.jpg
Untitled 1.jpg (88.75 KiB) Viewed 348 times
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

interesting comedy...how was it originally received ?
Frankymole

Post by Frankymole »

mousemeat wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:20 pm interesting comedy...how was it originally received ?
Very quietly, I suspect, as I'd never heard of it and it didn't get renewed. But the reviews now seem quite positive, on IMDB they reckon it had a good hit rate for the humour.

It has a good cast. I've heard that Gareth plays a bit of a dislikable character in it though, but he is meant to be.

Anyway I'm about to watch the first episode so I'll find out:
https://www.tptvencore.co.uk/Video/That ... aa4a73f262