Steed´s partner on stage

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
gaucho vengador
Thingumajig

Steed´s partner on stage

Post by gaucho vengador »

Does anybody know why Hanna Wild was Steed´s partner at The Avengers stage play, instead of Emma or Tara?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

That's a good question.

Possibly because there had been a pattern then of new partners for Steed and so it would be correct that by 1971 Steed would have a new girl.

Possibly because Brian Clemens had created the Hannah Wild/Hana Wilde name. (I wonder why they altered the spelling?) and he wanted to move on from Tara King.

Looking back, it does seem daft that they didn't use an Emma Peel. I think, had it transferred to the US, they would have rectified that.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
gaucho vengador
Thingumajig

Post by gaucho vengador »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:That's a good question.

Possibly because there had been a pattern then of new partners for Steed and so it would be correct that by 1971 Steed would have a new girl.

Possibly because Brian Clemens had created the Hannah Wild/Hana Wilde name. (I wonder why they altered the spelling?) and he wanted to move on from Tara King.

Looking back, it does seem daft that they didn't use an Emma Peel. I think, had it transferred to the US, they would have rectified that.
No doubt if a new Avengers play is produced, Emma would be Steed´s partner.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Oh, without a doubt. Proven by the 1998 Avengers movie and interest by ITV in recent times to produce a special featuring Steed and Emma Peel.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY