Kinky Boots/Let's Keep it Friendly

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Kinky Boots/Let's Keep it Friendly

Post by Brendan Jones »

As part of my ongiong series of Avengers reviews, I'm interested to know if music videos were officially made for these songs in the 60s.

If not, I can just review the songs and the 90s TOTP vid. :)

Reviews can be found here... http://critiqaltheory.wordpress.com/
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I don't think there were ever official videos, no. I think Honor and Patrick may have performed it once on a talk show or something, though.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I don't think it was ever promoted. It looks like they recorded it and then forgot about pretty quickly, which is why it probably wasn't a hit the first time around as the UK has always loved novelty records and they were often in the charts in the 1960's - still are today with Comic Relief, etc.

As we know, it was only ever a hit in 1990 because Radio 1 DJ Simon Mayo played it daily on his show and it caught the public imagination.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I don't think it was ever promoted. It looks like they recorded it and then forgot about pretty quickly, which is why it probably wasn't a hit the first time around as the UK has always loved novelty records and they were often in the charts in the 1960's - still are today with Comic Relief, etc.

As we know, it was only ever a hit in 1990 because Radio 1 DJ Simon Mayo played it daily on his show and it caught the public imagination.
Being an Aussie ex-pat- I didn't realise the Radio 1 connection- thanks! :)
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

It was a pity Kinky Boots wasn't a hit the first time around as it's composers - Dave Lee and Herbert Kretzmer - had already had a top 5 hit in 1960 with a similar reord - Goodness Gracious Me, 'sung' by Peter Sellers and Sophia Loren. Now there's a song from my childhood - not very PC today though ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodness_G ... _Me_(song)

YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKMy15O1tCw
Dfrise
Thingumajig

Post by Dfrise »

Dandy,
I checked out the video/song on the Youtube link in your message. I found it funny and sexy. I don't believe the Indian accent will raise the hackles of the PC crowd. But if so, it's their loss.
As for the video itself, one could say it has a delightful surprise ending.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Indeed! :P

I think that's a clip from The Millionairess rather than a video by the way.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Mararaboomdiay
Little Wonder

Post by Mararaboomdiay »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I don't think there were ever official videos, no. I think Honor and Patrick may have performed it once on a talk show or something, though.
But your fanvideo's are fabulous, they could have been video clips. ;) Oh, I do love the Kinky Boots song... *hums*
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Mararaboomdiay wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I don't think there were ever official videos, no. I think Honor and Patrick may have performed it once on a talk show or something, though.
But your fanvideo's are fabulous, they could have been video clips. ;) Oh, I do love the Kinky Boots song... *hums*
Ha, thank you! :D Both that and the "Keep It Friendly" video were fun to make. And both get stuck in your head quite easily. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

I remember sneaking "Let's Keep It Friendly" in on a compilation tape I did for a friend back in the the late 80s. It became a firm fave!
Last watched: The Undertakers