The Avengers dvd set 3 (series 4) from Optimum

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

jaz
Winged Avenger

The Avengers dvd set 3 (series 4) from Optimum

Post by jaz »

The Avengers - set 3 special features

● Exclusive audio commentary for The Town of No Return with director Roy Ward Baker and scriptwriter/producer Brian Clemens

● Exclusive audio commentary for The Master Minds with scriptwriter Robert Banks Stewart

● Exclusive audio commentary on Dial A Deadly Number with scriptwriter Roger Marshall

● Exclusive audio commentary on The Hour That Never Was with director Gerry O’Hara

● Exclusive audio commentary on The House That Jack Built with director Don Leaver

● Exclusive audio interview with Elizabeth Shepherd

● Armchair Theatre – The Hothouse (staring Diana Rigg)

● USA Chessboard opening sequence

Strange Case of the Missing Corpse promotional trailer

● Alternate end tag from Death At Bargain Prices

● Episode reconstructions for series 1 scripts Kill The King and Dead of Winter

● Colourised test footage from Death At Bargain Prices, Silent Dust and A Touch of Brimstone

● Reconstructed ‘The Avengers are back’ John Stamp trailer

● Alternate UK opening and closing credits

● Alternate UK animated bumpers

● UK animated bumper

● Variant opening title credits for The Gravediggers

● French opening credits

● German opening credits

● ITN Newsreel footage

● Stills galleries

● PDF material

Plus more TBC
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

● Alternate UK opening and closing credits

That one really awakes my curiosity.

Overall a very good package of extras.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Re: The Avengers dvd set 3 (series 4) from Optimum

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

jaz wrote: ● Colourised test footage from Death At Bargain Prices, Silent Dust and A Touch of Brimstone

This is going to be very special. And the animated UK advert bumpers too? Not seen those since I was a kid.

Thanks to Jaz and all concerned. What an interesting and exciting year this is going to be for Avengers fans.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Fantastic set of extras on the boxset.

Roy Ward Baker must be in his 90's..? Great to get both him and Brian Clemens on such a top episode.

The colour footage is intriguing, though I'm never convinced by them. Sure it'll be an interesting curio.

What a coup to get an interview with Elizabeth Shepherd (she left a comment under a Youtube video of The Corridor People asking for a copy once). How was it conducted? She lives in Canada now doesn't she?
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

Wow impressive extra's. This year certainly is going to be amazing Avengers wise, things just keep getting better!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

:shock: This is just fantastic! There are so many things here I wasn't expecting, I don't know where to start. Suffice to say, I'm a very happy fan. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Darren wrote:What a coup to get an interview with Elizabeth Shepherd (she left a comment under a Youtube video of The Corridor People asking for a copy once). How was it conducted? She lives in Canada now doesn't she?
I was lucky enough to be in the London sound studio where this was recorded via telephone link to the USA where Elizabeth lives. She was on great form and had plenty of vivid memories, and plenty to say.

Needless to say, people will have to wait until the DVD set is released to find out what, as my lips are sealed! :)
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Alan wrote:
Darren wrote:What a coup to get an interview with Elizabeth Shepherd (she left a comment under a Youtube video of The Corridor People asking for a copy once). How was it conducted? She lives in Canada now doesn't she?
I was lucky enough to be in the London sound studio where this was recorded via telephone link to the USA where Elizabeth lives. She was on great form and had plenty of vivid memories, and plenty to say.

Needless to say, people will have to wait until the DVD set is released to find out what, as my lips are sealed! :)
I can't wait. I love these tantalising glimpses into the what might have been.

She's brilliant in The Corridor People, a real presence. If only the episode existed......
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

Oh my gosh, 2010 is going to be a very good year for us Avengers fans! I think I'm probably going to have a buy a Blu-Ray player to enjoy the filmed series even more :P
Last watched: The Undertakers
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Halfhide wrote:Oh my gosh, 2010 is going to be a very good year for us Avengers fans! I think I'm probably going to have a buy a Blu-Ray player to enjoy the filmed series even more :P
I agree. Once The Avengers gets a release on Blu-ray, I will definitely invest in a player. The Avengers is the deciding factor for me.