Diana Rigg's annotated Avengers script in the TV Times?

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Diana Rigg's annotated Avengers script in the TV Times?

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Diana Rigg's annotated Avengers script in the TV Times? Info needed.

This was posted on another forum I frequent. Does anyone know anything about this? I certainly don't.
This reminds me of a series of special supplements that TV Times did back in the late 60s or early 70s. Each one covered a particular area of entertainment and concentrated on one person. The one on Dance was done by Peter Gordeno, the Comedy one was by Des O'Connor (!) and the Acting one concentrated on Diana Rigg. I wish I'd kept it but I seem to remember it had a page of an Avengers script with annotations by the director that Diana was expected to learn along with the lines. Does anyone else remember these specials?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Jasper Groat
Thingumajig

Post by Jasper Groat »

It's in The Diana Rigg Drama Spectacular, which was a pull-out supplement (eight pages) in a 1969 edition of TV Times. There is a section of script included, but I can't remember which one offhand. I'll keep an eye open for my copy as I continue to archive magazine articles.

From Deadline: TV Times Vol. 57, No. 58, 23 October, pages 33,34,35,36,37,38,39 and 40, The Diana Rigg Drama Spectacular, England. This is a pull-out in the centre of the magazine.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Thanks, Jasper. I'll pass that on to the other forum.

Thank you muchly. 8)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Jasper Groat
Thingumajig

Post by Jasper Groat »

It's a page from the script for The House That Jack Built. The annotations are by Brian Clemens. The next time I'm scanning I'll grab that bit and put it up here.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Great! Should I direct them here or can I post a copy/link to the other forum over at Britmovie?

By the way, John (Llewellyn) Moxey (director of Who's Who) is a member of the Britmovie Forum and I've asked him to join us over here to share some Avengers memories. So hopefully he will.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Jasper Groat
Thingumajig

Post by Jasper Groat »

This is the internet. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, as the Thelmites say. Use it as you see fit.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I remember reading about this in one of the Dave Rogers books and wanting it badly. I'd love to see a scan. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Jasper Groat
Thingumajig

Post by Jasper Groat »

Here you are.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Great! Should I direct them here or can I post a copy/link to the other forum over at Britmovie?
Jasper Groat wrote:This is the internet. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, as the Thelmites say. Use it as you see fit.

Thanks for the scan. I just like permission to post these things - etiquette you know! :wink:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Jasper Groat
Thingumajig

Post by Jasper Groat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Great! Should I direct them here or can I post a copy/link to the other forum over at Britmovie?
Jasper Groat wrote:This is the internet. Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law, as the Thelmites say. Use it as you see fit.

Thanks for the scan. I just like permission to post these things - etiquette you know! :wink:
I know. I'm jaded. :wink: