Dead Man's Treasure Hunt

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Dead Man's Treasure Hunt

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Hello everyone.

I'm posting the details of this year's event here on behalf of one of the organisers, Chris Gabb:

==========================================

The Dead Man’s Treasure Hunt is a weekend devoted to "The Avengers" and similar TV series of the 1960s and 1970s.

Taking place in deepest Avengerland (Borehamwood and Elstree) over the weekend of Friday 2nd – Sunday 4th of July 2010, the event includes a tour of locations used in "The Avengers" and similar shows of the time, and an evening of games and quizzes with the emphasis very much on fun. Sunday morning is devoted to the Treasure Hunt itself, followed by a well-earned lunch.

Now approaching its 24th year, registration for the whole weekend is only £30.

Accommodation is available at £55 per room per night (including a continental breakfast) and those choosing to stay on the Sunday night will get that night free as part of the hotel’s “stay 3 nights and pay for 2 offer”.

If you’re interested, and want to know a little more, please drop us an e-mail at [email protected]

Hope that's of interest. :)

All the best

Andrew
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Dead Man's Treasure Hunt

Post by Halfhide »

Darn it - I'm away that weekend :cry: Would really have like to come to this - it sounds fun! Good luck to all concerned, and looking forward to hearing about it all on this board!
Last watched: The Undertakers
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

I'm intending to go. Just hoping I can persuade the non-fan boyfriend... :lol:
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

Haha I am ever so slowly turning mine into a fan so maybe I can drag him to it next year! Unfortunately I've already booked all my holiday at work for this year but would love to do it one year!
deedee
White Dwarf

Post by deedee »

I'd love to go, but know absolutely no one going to it - still haven't manage to convince my friends just how good the show is :-(
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Dead Man's Treasure Hunt - 2010

Post by mousemeat »

Andrew Pixley wrote:Hello everyone.

I'm posting the details of this year's event here on behalf of one of the organisers, Chris Gabb:

The Dead Man’s Treasure Hunt is a weekend devoted to "The Avengers" and similar TV series of the 1960s and 1970s.

Taking place in deepest Avengerland (Borehamwood and Elstree) over the weekend of Friday 2nd – Sunday 4th of July 2010, the event includes a tour of locations used in "The Avengers" and similar shows of the time, and an evening of games and quizzes with the emphasis very much on fun. Sunday morning is devoted to the Treasure Hunt itself, followed by a well-earned lunch.

Now approaching its 24th year, registration for the whole weekend is only £30.

Accommodation is available at £55 per room per night (including a continental breakfast) and those choosing to stay on the Sunday night will get that night free as part of the hotel’s “stay 3 nights and pay for 2 offer”.

If you’re interested, and want to know a little more, please drop us an e-mail at [email protected]

Hope that's of interest. :)

All the best

Andrew
wow, interesting...had no real idea, how big this event is becoming...perhaps next year, money wise and health permitting, I'll attend...looks like a load of good olde fashion fun
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

deedee wrote:I'd love to go, but know absolutely no one going to it - still haven't manage to convince my friends just how good the show is :-(
Go anyway and meet some real fans. I went to my first Prisoner convention and met some lifelong friends... 23 years ago now!
Last watched: "Mandrake"
wickham
White Dwarf

Post by wickham »

First of all a big thanks to the organisers of this years event. Almost 50 fans decended on Borehamwood for 2 days of testing to enter the esteemed ranks of the Bristish Venusian Society.

Saturday began with a fabulous tour that included many of the locations from Sleeper, Take me to your Leader and Love All. The last location was outside Purdeys flat in the glorious sunshine.

The evening was a series of games and quizzes and the hilarious creation of an actual venusian.

Sundays treasure Hunt involved identifying locations that peices of the satellite launched by the British Venusian Society had landed. After 3 hours of hunting and recording the answers the eventual winners were awarded lifetime membership of the society.

A great weekend and I look forward to celebrating the 25th anniversary of this event next year.

Wickham
The Flaming Comets Team
MikeR
The Big Thinker

Post by MikeR »

I can only agree with what is said above.

A day of visits to Avengers and New Avengers (plus other film series) filming locations in central London, followed the next day by a recreated Dead Man's Treasure Hunt...
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Just to add my thanks to the hard-working guys who put together such a terrific weekend! The London location tour from Chris and Wiebke took us to some amazing places, Neil and Sue delivered a superbly pitched and wonderfully enjoyable hunt on the Sunday morning, and Julie's hard work pulled everything together in great style throughout. Also brilliant to see so many old friends ... and to meet some new ones!

Here's to the 25th hunt in 2011!

All the best

Andrew