what would you change?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Mrs. Peel
Little Wonder

what would you change?

Post by Mrs. Peel »

If you had the chance, would you change something in different "Avengers"-episodes? Would you create another end or are there some lines Steed and the others could say - you would like to put into Steeds mouth? Would you change some scenes or are you content with "the Avengers" the way they are?

In my opinion Emma should say
"I'll never forget you. You took my hand and then you were smiling, because you knew me better than I do" ,when she's leaving in "the forget me knot"

so any ideas??
Always keep your bowler on in times of stress!
Hoity-Toity!

http://theavengersrevisited.blogspot.com
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

I could have sworn that I responded to this thread already.. heyho.

My first experience of Never Never Say Day, was reading the episode synopsis in The Complete Avengers. Of course that was based on the original script outline rather than the completed version. It had bits like them constantly visiting a local pub (ages since I read it) - a village pub is so Avengerish. Little things like that really made me look forward to it.

So watching the completed episode with Johnson's relentless BAM BAM, BAM BAM, music as Christopher Lee stomps around through a wood really didn't compare to how thrilling the original script was.

I would have made them make the original script.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Hummm....HAVE GUNS WILL HAGGLE.
Again I have this obsession about those 'lost episodes' : I would have kept the script from INVITATION TO A KILLING (only if this one respects the radio adaptation, STRAIGHT FROM THE SHOULDER). I think the radio version-its storyline to be precise- is better, with other anecdotes (as Adrianna and Conrad's father, you know more about the characters...) and it has this atmosphere which is typical of the 1960s (Steed and Tara going to dinner...I just imagine the original episode, a magnificent Linda dressed in a sexy way.... :D )
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Re: what would you change?

Post by oneknightsteed »

Mrs. Peel wrote:If you had the chance, would you change something in different "Avengers"-episodes? Would you create another end or are there some lines Steed and the others could say - you would like to put into Steeds mouth? Would you change some scenes or are you content with "the Avengers" the way they are?

"I'll never forget you. You took my hand and then you were smiling, because you knew me better than I do" ,when she's leaving in "the forget me knot"

so any ideas??
What an intriguing line of questions! Being a Steedophile, and believing Emma & Steed did do it, certainly gets my creative juices flowing. But, alas, I would be creating a whole different show! I would say that 'The Forget-Me-Knot' is ripe for adjustment. Your line is quite touching! I think, since they had considered killing Emma off at one point, that I would take it to the opposite end. Scene: Emma is lying in bed facing Steed. She brushes back that errant lock of hair from his forhead and kisses him tenderly. She speaks (the words you wrote) "Ill never forget you." She rises and Steed reaches out, catching her arm. "Emma..." he softly says, as his eyes mist over, "Thanks." (Heavy Sigh!) :roll:
I'll try to think of some others. ( Less sappy, hopefully!)
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I think there has been a similar thread to this, but ...

1. I'd have made the entire series on film from episode one. There would have been no wiped episodes.

2. I'd have given Diana Rigg zillions to have stayed onboard until the end of the series.

3. I'd have found a way to make a third New Avengers season, followed by a Gambit and Purdey series and a Steed/Peel series of telemovies.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I think there has been a similar thread to this, but ...

1. I'd have made the entire series on film from episode one. There would have been no wiped episodes.

2. I'd have given Diana Rigg zillions to have stayed onboard until the end of the series.

3. I'd have found a way to make a third New Avengers season, followed by a Gambit and Purdey series and a Steed/Peel series of telemovies.
I join your team ! :lol:
Especially the 1st argument !
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

JohnSteedFr wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I think there has been a similar thread to this, but ...

I join your team ! :lol:
Especially the 1st argument !
Me too!
Especially the 2nd! :D
Steed: "Eee-urp!!"
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

But there's still a dilemma with the NA ? Don't you think guys we should put Emma and Steed together while Purdey investigates with Mike ? :lol:
It would be the perfect match ! :)
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

I liked the trio in TNA and I think that this combination was the best one they could do. But I think a 3rd series of the new Avengers would have been great!
Steed: "Eee-urp!!"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Re: what would you change?

Post by cyberrich »

Mrs. Peel wrote:If you had the chance, would you change something in different "Avengers"-episodes? Would you create another end or are there some lines Steed and the others could say - you would like to put into Steeds mouth? Would you change some scenes or are you content with "the Avengers" the way they are?

so any ideas??
I hate to be a killjoy, but I am SO relieved Emma didn't utter this speech on her farewell! I think I would have felt slightly nauseous!!!
On the whole, I am very happy with the Avengers. I would make some changes however. I would have cast Cathy in all 26 episodes of season 2. We didn't need Dr King or Venus. I would have kept TNA in Britain for all the episodes. The whole point of The Avengers was its Britishness. Finally, I would have burnt the master copy of Homicide and old lace so that no-one would have to endure the torture of watching it! Rich.