Barbara Roscoe

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
buck1107
Nutshell

Barbara Roscoe

Post by buck1107 »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew more about actress Barbara Roscoe, who played the receptionist in "The Murder Market"? It seems that she did some film/tv work possibly, before her appearance, but I'm not sure what all she did.
Mrs. Peel
Little Wonder

Post by Mrs. Peel »

hi, did you already look at imdb? there are some informations about her. Here is the link.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0741183/
Always keep your bowler on in times of stress!
Hoity-Toity!

http://theavengersrevisited.blogspot.com
buck1107
Nutshell

Post by buck1107 »

Many thanks - yes, I did in fact have a glance at her credentials (seems like there ought to be a good Steed line there.. :D ) and wondered why her acting seemed to stop with The Avengers. Ebay has a photo or two of her from time to time, suggesting that she possibly modelled at one time.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Barbara Roscoe

Post by mousemeat »

buck1107 wrote:Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew more about actress Barbara Roscoe, who played the receptionist in "The Murder Market"? It seems that she did some film/tv work possibly, before her appearance, but I'm not sure what all she did.
the show, along with other UK productions, used a slew of different actors, etc..

many has guested on secret agent man, avengers, etc..sorta neat to see all of them popping up on other shows, from time to time...
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Remember, acting doesn't end with TV and film.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Remember, acting doesn't end with TV and film.
That's the thing I hate about IMDb--there's absolutely no listings for stage productions. You end up with all these holes in people's careers, especially British actors, who spend more time on stage on average than Americans. :?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

True, but it is a movie database. I suppose we should be grateful TV is included (athough there can be a fine line between the two). Perhaps there should be a big overhaul with a name change.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
That's the thing I hate about IMDb--there's absolutely no listings for stage productions. You end up with all these holes in people's careers, especially British actors, who spend more time on stage on average than Americans. :?
..and radio! Many actors spend 90% of their broadcasting career in British radio plays and series. And it has spawned/nurtured some big productions and bigger writers... anyone heard of a chap called Douglas Adams?
Last watched: "Concerto"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:True, but it is a movie database. I suppose we should be grateful TV is included (athough there can be a fine line between the two). Perhaps there should be a big overhaul with a name change.
True, but they transcended the "movie" bit a long time ago--they list talk show appearances and documentary extras. I think theatre would be the next logical step.

Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
..and radio! Many actors spend 90% of their broadcasting career in British radio plays and series. And it has spawned/nurtured some big productions and bigger writers... anyone heard of a chap called Douglas Adams?
Definitely. There's something galling about the fact that when you look up Simon Jones he only gets a credit as Arthur for the TV series (which I adore, but still). That means nada for Susan Sheridan and Geoffrey McGivern have no H2G2 credit at all. That can't be right. :?

(In a side note, I spent last night trying to figure out why I recognised the voice of the head lizard man on Doctor Who last night. Bothered me the whole time. Then I saw the credits and there was Stephen Moore. He's everywhere! :D )