The Avengers in your life

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Mrs. Peel
Little Wonder

The Avengers in your life

Post by Mrs. Peel »

Are there any persons, situations...which you can compare with "The Avengers"?

Are there a guy in your town who is like Steed, or do you know a school for butlers?

Have you clothes, which look like Emma's or do you compare your family members with some of the characters?

So where do you find "The Avengers" in your everyday life? - did you change something because of the series?
Always keep your bowler on in times of stress!
Hoity-Toity!

http://theavengersrevisited.blogspot.com
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

I had an Avenger situation just last week. A new player on my daughter's soccer team has the last name of Peel. When I heard this I thought hmmm - wonder what her mom's like? Needless to say, I was bitterly disappointed when I met her. She was pretty (the "hot soccer mom" is not just a myth) and a nice person, but...well.
However, I made the best of it. The new parents had to fill out some paperwork and the manager was looking for her so I got to shout across a crowded pitch "Mrs. Peel - we're needed!"
That, my friends, was pretty cool.
Mrs. Peel
Little Wonder

Post by Mrs. Peel »

Dan wrote:I had an Avenger situation just last week. A new player on my daughter's soccer team has the last name of Peel. When I heard this I thought hmmm - wonder what her mom's like? Needless to say, I was bitterly disappointed when I met her. She was pretty (the "hot soccer mom" is not just a myth) and a nice person, but...well.
However, I made the best of it. The new parents had to fill out some paperwork and the manager was looking for her so I got to shout across a crowded pitch "Mrs. Peel - we're needed!"

:D that's fantastic. well, I was walking trough a Zoo and suddenly a guy (well...a fat guy...) was walking along the street and he was wearing a bowler hat and he had an umbrella. He didn't look like Steed at all, but the bowler and the umbrella were so avengers-like...
You must know that it isn't common to wear a bowler in Austria...
Hoity-Toity!

Cybernowt

Post by Cybernowt »

The daughter of the previous landlord at a local pub.. she used to look very like Emma Peel. I used to watch her serving at the bar and go, mmmmm..

She does kickboxing though.. and over time she became quite stocky.. (but I wouldnt want to be the one to tell her!)
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

As a child after seeing a few Avengers episodes in the mid to late 80's, I had an image of Diana Rigg and my hairdresser at the time really did look like her (without the sixties flick-up hair though). It was a little joke, "I hope Mrs. Peel cuts my hair":).
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Dan wrote:I had an Avenger situation just last week. A new player on my daughter's soccer team has the last name of Peel. When I heard this I thought hmmm - wonder what her mom's like? Needless to say, I was bitterly disappointed when I met her. She was pretty (the "hot soccer mom" is not just a myth) and a nice person, but...well.
that's a hoot...needed, indeed!

as a kid, there was a guy who was the local handy man, who looked a tad like Steed..and he was from the UK...loved his 'tonic'...heh heh heh!
gaucho vengador
Thingumajig

Post by gaucho vengador »

The librarian at the university where I ´m studying, sometimes wears a sweater made of wool and leather, this remembers me Cathy Gale and Emma Peel´s customes at B&W seasons. She also has a hairstyle similar to Emma. And she is a fan of The Avengers and Diana Rigg too!
Mrs. Peel
Little Wonder

Post by Mrs. Peel »

there was a girl in my class. she looked a little bit like tara/linda and she has also relatives in Canada
Hoity-Toity!

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

There's an old gentleman up the road who I suspect might be a bit diabolical. Should I investigate?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Dan

Post by Dan »

Definitely. Slip in through an open window, pour yourself a brandy from the decanter on the table, and rummage through the papers on his desk. Who knows what you'll find.
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:There's an old gentleman up the road who I suspect might be a bit diabolical. Should I investigate?