Avengers calendar 2011

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
cyberrich
Site Admin

Avengers calendar 2011

Post by cyberrich »

Does anyone know if there will be a calendar this year. They usually appear in August, but I can't find it on the net. There were fewer printed last year for some reason. I've collected all of them since the first back in 1998, so I hope they continue. Richard.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Strange, I was only perusing ye olde information superhighway yesterday for Avengers Calendar news for next year, as it's about now it's usually announced.

No luck I'm afraid, but perhaps there'll be an announcement soon.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

Still nothing!
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Sadly I think there will be no more calendars. :cry:
They are usually available before Sept. I've bought every one since they started back in 1998. I did have trouble finding the last one as so few of them were printed. I tracked one down months later on German ebay! So, it's the end of an era. Still, we have the new book to look forward to. Richard.
SteedMonk
Little Wonder

Post by SteedMonk »

But jaz said last year that he has so many other pictures to use! He should know more about this! It would be very sad if there won't be any calendars! :-(
Steed: "Eee-urp!!"
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

I loved the calendars; bought most of them, but didn't use them like I normally use a calendar - writing on them. They were too nice to write on.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

cyberrich wrote:Sadly I think there will be no more calendars. :cry:
They are usually available before Sept. I've bought every one since they started back in 1998. I did have trouble finding the last one as so few of them were printed. I tracked one down months later on German ebay! So, it's the end of an era. Still, we have the new book to look forward to. Richard.
oh well..i was hoping that this would never happen...but heck, it was a heck of an run...perhaps they will return one day...especially if the revised DVD's spark interest, etc
jaz
Winged Avenger

Post by jaz »

Unfortunately there will be no Avengers calendar in 2011.

Slow Dazzle, who up until last year, had produced all of the calendars, no longer have the licensing rights with Studio Canal.

This for me is particularly disappointing as the 2011 calendar would have been the 50th Anniversary calendar and I had planned to cover all aspects of the series (including Stage Play, New Avengers, etc) in this one.

Sorry if this is disappointing news.

Many thanks

Jaz

I ask the most stupid questions!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Thanks for the news, Jaz. Sad as it is.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I did see this one coming Jaz. Very sad news. :( Is there any chance another company might produce calendars in future years, or is it too early to speculate? Rich.